Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $22 T9s first hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345216)

bones 09-27-2005 04:55 AM

Re: $22 T9s first hand

[ QUOTE ]
So why not post something useful instead of just a cheap shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a lot of useful posts in this and other threads. You have chosen to ignore them. I'm actually amazed that anyone has attempted to discuss hands with you, as you clearly don't want to hear anything that contradicts your preconceived ideas of how poker should be played.

I'll say this as plainly as possible. You will not make money playing Sngs until you realize the many differences between ring games and short-stacked sng play. I know, I know, you think you already do. But trust me, you don't.

Hendricks433 09-27-2005 05:06 AM

I havent read any replies but I fold PF. 10,9 UTG? I just dont like it. Well push if you want to raise. How can you raise less? LOL well I read the posts and I really dont want to even post anything. OP sounds like he doesnt need help so why is he posting this? how often do you hit a perfect flop with 10,9? that limping UTG is worth it? First hand you have no Idea how people play PF and could end up having to put in more chips which sucks when you only start with 800. I rather find a better spot to get my chips in and probally just call on the flop.

helpmeout 09-27-2005 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say this as plainly as possible. You will not make money playing Sngs until you realize the many differences between ring games and short-stacked sng play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make money at SNGs because I know how to play poker. I will make more money when I get more accustomed to the SNG format.

I will not make much money playing a boring rock style game that is designed for low ROI 8 tablers. I'd much rather play a few tables for a higher earn, playing a looser and more aggressive style. Obviously this will become tighter as I move up but for now playing loose is working fine.

If you disagree with my preflop play well good for you I will gladly see how it goes and if I find that these calls are unprofitable then I will adjust.

[ QUOTE ]
There have been a lot of useful posts in this and other threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original question was how to play this hand postflop. I got answers from Lorinda and a few weak put downs about my preflop play.

Obviously people are scared of being wrong postflop or just do not know what to do.

splashpot 09-27-2005 05:42 AM

Why do you ignore advice when EVERYONE tells you that limping UTG with T9s is terrible. Not one single person thinks it's a good idea. I know this was not your original question, but it IS A LEAK in your game and we pointed it out. Yet you choose to ignore our advice. And if this is your attitude, why bother asking for our advice in the first place? If you're just going to ignore it.

durron597 09-27-2005 05:47 AM

This thread is too emotionally charged now, I'm heading it off at the pass. Raise whatever you want on the flop as long as it isn't the minimum.