Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How do you play this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310172)

45suited 08-08-2005 04:03 AM

Re: How do you play this?

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[ QUOTE ]
And I think we think Big stack is a donk, and donks often don't bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk because he called from the button, right?

On second thought, especially given my chip position at the table, I change my play to leading out on the flop, folding to a button push.

But against an aggressive bigstack, I like the C/R here. It's a cop-out, but everything is so read dependent.

ChipLeader 08-08-2005 04:13 AM

I think we've decided the bet out / fold to a raise FROM BIGSTACK is the best play, the issue came down to how much to bet. I liked 250 to keep it small in case the bigstack calls, others liked 300-400 to get him off draws.

I know youre supposed to be happy when they make a mistake and call with poor odds but their poor odds are improved by their position. We dont know what a scare card is, almost all of them are scary, so i like betting out small enough to steal and if bigstack has a draw and wants to fight for it, so be it.

ChuckNorris 08-08-2005 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A donk because he is playing in a partypoker $20+2 sit'n'go, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button thing is just icing on the cake.

lastchance 08-08-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[ QUOTE ]
And I think we think Big stack is a donk, and donks often don't bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk because he called from the button, right?

On second thought, especially given my chip position at the table, I change my play to leading out on the flop, folding to a button push.

But against an aggressive bigstack, I like the C/R here. It's a cop-out, but everything is so read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yupz. He's a donk because he called from the Button. And this is a $22, so he doesn't think much either.

I think you're only getting t150 more if you check most of the time, and you're also getting checked behind here a lot as well.

Nottom 08-08-2005 04:23 AM

If you wouldn't call a push I think that makes a check-raise even worse since now you lose your stack for no good reason sometimes as well.

45suited 08-08-2005 04:26 AM

I know, I was just saying that if the guy was very aggressive, I'd C/R.

Nottom 08-08-2005 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, I was just saying that if the guy was very aggressive, I'd C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but very aggressive players don't limp on the button unless you are smashed.

45suited 08-08-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but very aggressive players don't limp on the button unless you are smashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you do see the guys at the 22s who limp with a bigstack into every pot and bet when checked to every time.

curtains 08-08-2005 04:32 AM

I would bet about 250.

ChipLeader 08-08-2005 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would bet about 250.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like you more and more everytime we agree