Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Raising then autobetting missed flops. (Warning: 10 hands) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339807)

POKhER 09-19-2005 01:14 PM

Re: Raising then autobetting missed flops. (Warning: 10 hands)

[ QUOTE ]

8: Fold.

Undecided/Confused on a few of these. Specially 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have trouble folding hand 8 on the flop. MP2 is LAG and could easily be raising anything from A3o to 66-TT, or possibly even a draw. I'd need to at least see the turn before I throw away my overpair. Definitely 3-bet the flop, and then you'll have some idea of where you stand on the turn.

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh as said, this is a confusing hand. I figure....

We've got an UNKNOWN (BB) betting, LAG raising, Its 2back to us and 535 Board.

It could be a MAJOR LOSS (If im calling, chances are im going to river) if we go to river.

I think my recent downswing has made me be a bit weak-tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Want to see the TURN ON THIS!

marchron 09-19-2005 03:12 PM

This is definitely a big fat leak of mine, too, probably stemming from my no-limit tournament background. I definitely autobet everything I raise because checking as the PFR screams "my overcards whiffed."

That said, I'm still a winning player at .50/1 because . . .

1) they fold;
2) they call and I hit my hand on fourth or fifth street;
3) they call down and show weaker UI OC's than mine

. . . often enough to offset when I lose because someone called me down with fourth pair.

However, I'm starting to keep better track of which players will fold or call me down with bad hands so I don't indiscriminately push so much that my AF is more than the price of a gallon of gas. In California.

This is how I'd play these hands:

1: Bet and hope UTG raises to blow out anyone hanging around with a gutshot. Call if it's one back to you and see what the turn brings.

2: Fold. The K is bad news. What could a LPP be betting with that you beat?

3: Raise to isolate the SLAP. He could be betting with a 10.

4: Ordinarily I might raise here in the hopes of being checked to on the turn to see a free river, but against a TAA that might be wishing for too much.

5: Check. Your hand is toast and if Button is weak, you might just hit your set on the turn for free.

6: Bet. That's a fearsome flop and you could take it down uncontested.

7: Ick. I auto-bet this one, but it's a big fat leak in my game.

8: Reraise. You have an outstanding hand! Push that mother.

9: Fold. The A almost certainly wrecked you.

10: Bet, representing an overpair.

12-07-2005 04:18 PM

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but I was recently directed to it in another thread. My question is on hand #5. The concensus seems to be bet. I used to always bet this type of hand, but now I'm starting to wonder. With 4 people in the pot you are very rarely going to fold them all, and many times you get two callers. Also with 4 there is a decent chance you one of them hit something, and unless it is the 7 you are beat. Do you really think you can fold a J here often enough to make this bet correct? Also what do you do on the turn with two callers and something larger than an 8 falls?

Nikademus 12-07-2005 05:02 PM

*grunch*
1) check. Too many players involved.
2) fold.
3) raise, and re-evaluate
4) Call and see what the flop brings, or fold . I think this situation is a hole in my game as well.
5) I wouldn't have raised pre-flop there, but I'd bet out and see what happens. Could disguise your hand to be stronger than it is.
6) bet into passive field. If any callers, re-evaluate. Any raises, fold.
7) check/fold. Nothing exciting about this flop, and you are OOP
8) re-raise/cap - unlikely either has a 5
9) fold
10) bet, fold to any raises.