Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Legitimate Sites? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378617)

11-15-2005 02:18 PM

Re: Legitimate Sites?

[ QUOTE ]

They either seem to be all rigged or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rigged, definitely. Keep it quiet...

Seriously though, why do people think it's rigged? And why all the criticsm for the river card? Poker is a five card game and the river card is no different than the 2nd card of the flop. You're just probably more likely to get pissed when a good hand falls at the river as opposed to just missing your hand completely on the flop. If you really believe sites are rigged, invest in Poker Tracker and play 30,000+ hands. While this may not be a statistically large enough sample to fully account for variance, you'll see that the cards fall the way that they should, statistically.

And for the record, you'll have many more bad beats on the fishy sites (like Stars and Party). That's what happens when people call every bad hand to the river. If you want to keep this from happening often (i.e. you don't like to win money) play at Absolute where the rocks will only show down the hand you would expect to be beaten with. Your AA will hold up just fine there, as you'll win 1.5 BB sized pots when everyone folds to your preflop raise.

And, yeah, that's all I have to say.

UATrewqaz 11-15-2005 02:34 PM

Want the really really really scary news?

The big online poker sites actually produce a better shuffle than live play!

(by better I mean more random in a mathematical sense)

HRFats 11-15-2005 03:26 PM

Played in a home game last weekend. Three people were all in on the turn. All three had a flush with three spades on the board. One player had A3, one had K9 and one had Q7. The odds of having 9 spades out of 13 in a hand are sooo low that home games are definately RIGGED!!

Pokeraddict 11-15-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played in a home game last weekend. Three people were all in on the turn. All three had a flush with three spades on the board. One player had A3, one had K9 and one had Q7. The odds of having 9 spades out of 13 in a hand are sooo low that home games are definately RIGGED!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check the RNG? Has it been verified by a 3rd party?

utmt40 11-15-2005 04:36 PM

Just give up they are all rigged.

goodguy_1 11-15-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Propoker
2. Pokerspot
3. Choice Poker
4. Bigbet Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

ProPoker was a freakshow man..these were the most obvioulsy rigged games ever.
I wonder how much those korean teams made off with --we need an expose on this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BigBet had legitimate action and had good value in their tournies. The site's action was always on the square except for maybe a few props sharing info--hehe and that can happen on any site where a bunch of props play together ...Whatever happened to that kid ShockNawe?..for some reason I thought you were him pokeraddict.

Btw pokeraddict you've done an awesome job with your website-congrtats!

Benal 11-15-2005 04:50 PM

You clearly are in need of the latest pattern map.