Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A10o OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318280)

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:25 AM

Re: A10o OOP

Call down. It's got to get a lot scarier before you should fold this.

VoraciousReader 08-19-2005 11:26 AM

That is strange...3bet, check?

I think I bet...now let me see if I can figure out why. UTG looks like he's either on a draw or has an A but is scared of his kicker. And I guess SB is likely on a free-card play. (Or maybe 2 pr that wimped out after 2 players called his 3bet?)

I think we are either still ahead here, or have many outs, and I don't want them to draw for nothing, so I bet and hope SB isn't on a checkraise.

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's ultra laggro preflop, you gotta dump this preflop dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's aggressive preflop and with only one limper before him, he could be raising just about anything. You're getting 6:1, probably 7:1, to call. You need to see this flop, even if Button is the rockiest rock that ever rocked.

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:33 AM

Calls, planning to call down UI against an unknown.

Guess the PFR's hand wasn't that great after all, eh?

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:35 AM

...doesn't want to get C/R'd, so takes a free card.

Hey, that rhymes.

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...have many outs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We had a lot of outs on the flop. Now we've lost both our backdoor draws, we're drawing dead to a set, possibly dead to a better ace, we aren't HU, and this would be a crap-ass place to get c/r'd. I stick to my plan and get as cheap a showdown as I can; you are not going to get a flush draw to fold for one bet.

jrz1972 08-19-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stick to my plan and get as cheap a showdown as I can; you are not going to get a flush draw to fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you earn Sklansky bucks off of them.

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:50 AM

Re: Hmmm. Is this a leak?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...The preflop call is slightly on the loose side, but basically fine, especially when you consider that button could have been trying to isolate so his range is a little wider than normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never cold call with A10o, but I pretty much always play it for one bet out of the BB unless the pre-flop raiser is pretty tight.

Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like so many things, this is situational. In this case you've got an aggressive preflop raiser in a position where he could be trying to isolate against a weakling; I think you're giving up waaaay too much by not playing here.

bozlax 08-19-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stick to my plan and get as cheap a showdown as I can; you are not going to get a flush draw to fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you earn Sklansky bucks off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Too bad my golf pro won't take Sklansky bucks. HU I bet this in a second, tho.

Bodhi 08-19-2005 12:05 PM

Re: Hmmm. Is this a leak?

The button was not described as aggressive in the OP. Anyway, according to the "big-ace" theory of raising, ATo sucks against a typical pfr. The fact that everyone folded to the button does make it stink like a steal, so in this case calling can be ok, just don't get trapped.