Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   what's on your "WOW" list of movies? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382163)

mblax10 11-20-2005 05:07 PM

Re: what\'s on your \"WOW\" list of movies?

Never seen Braveheart or any Lord of the Rings either

All 3 Godfathers
Schindler's List
Terminator 2 (or any Terminator for that matter)
Most Diseny Movies including Liong King & Aladdin
Jaws
Deliverance
The Excorcist
Snatch

James Boston 11-20-2005 05:08 PM

Well, I have too many to list. I don't like Sci-FI/Fantasy, so Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, etc... I never saw a Terminator movie. Those are just some off the top of my head.

Bradyams 11-20-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All 3 Godfathers

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, and Scarface. I know Scarface is a big deal with the hip hop crowd, but is it really that good?

tonypaladino 11-20-2005 05:13 PM

braveheart
scarface
All Lord of the Rings

I've been meaning to see braveheart and scarface for years. I still have no desire to see LOTR no matter how much people insist I have to. I'm just not into fantasy.

Ulysses 11-20-2005 05:13 PM

Going through these two lists will probably be helpful in figuring out your "WOW" list.

Biggest grossing movies

IMDB top movies list

I have seen almost all of the movies on these two lists (except for a number of the old foreign films). The only one I haven't seen that might qualify as a "wow" is the number one grossing film of all time, Titanic.

astroglide 11-20-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen that movie about the guys who think they are great because they haven't seen some movies that everyone else likes a lot. I think it is the sequel to the one about the guy who doesn't own a TV and likes to tell people.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

tonypaladino 11-20-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen that movie about the guys who think they are great because they haven't seen some movies that everyone else likes a lot. I think it is the sequel to the one about the guy who doesn't own a TV and likes to tell people.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this here a few months ago, but here

Area Man Constantly Mentioning He Doesn't Own A Television

Lazymeatball 11-20-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Biggest grossing movies

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was some kind of inflation adjusted version of this list. It's not really fair to compare National Treasure to The Sound of music

Ulysses 11-20-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Biggest grossing movies

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was some kind of inflation adjusted version of this list. It's not really fair to compare National Treasure to The Sound of music

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. National Treasure is another one I didn't see, but it clearly wasn't worth mentioning.

Sooga 11-20-2005 05:20 PM

I've never seen Stars Wars ep's 5 or 6, and the last time I saw ep. 4 was probably 15 years ago, so I'll kinda add that to the list too, since I don't remember any of it.

I also have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies.

I have also not seen any of the old classics, Casablanca, Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, etc.