Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Movies to watch with your kids (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393285)

lighterjobs 12-08-2005 12:30 AM

Re: Movies to watch with your kids

caddyshack.

edit- forgot about the nude scene.

rudedog78 12-08-2005 12:34 AM

The Princess Bride is a good movie to watch with kids/family... IMDB

Blarg 12-08-2005 12:35 AM

I don't mind old effects. I don't believe in ghosts, but I suspend disbelief when I see a horror flick. You gotta kinda go with the flow on these things.

This reminds me of a great one, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, with Kirk Douglas. The special effects aren't a big wow by today's standards, but the movie is still a really fun movie. It doesn't bug me that CGI has made everything look so much better.

Heck, I think I like the old Ray Harryhausen flicks better now than I did when people were still really wowed by them.

12-08-2005 02:44 AM

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

kids love swears

theweatherman 12-08-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, my default for being great for everyone tend to be kid ones, but I'd suggest:

George of the Jungle
Emperor's New Groove
Iron Giant
James Bonds
King Kong (the original)

A TV show that is strictly adult in script that my kids seem to love despite this is The Prisoner!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Prisioner is [censored] awesome.

12-08-2005 02:49 AM

actually I dont think shrek is a kids movie at all.

but then again Im in school for comp animation so I like that stuff.

I still stand by damn near any movie made by that "comedy pack"... murray, chevy, akroyd... think old snl with some others, and boom,

hows that for a slice of fried gold.

tolbiny 12-08-2005 02:59 AM

Bill murry movies like "groundhog day" are good. I'm not to sure how the suicide scenes would fly with 6-7 year olds, otherwise its good for all ages. The animated version of Watership down is very good, not at all a children's movie that adults like, but also not entirely an adult movie kids can watch. If you read to your kids its a great book (though it doesn't have any female chars for the first 75%, not sure how little girls react to that, my experience has more to do with rope and tape than books and movies).

Blarg 12-08-2005 03:35 AM

I think all these teen sex comedies aren't really the greatest for 6 and 7 year old girls.

KneeCo 12-08-2005 03:57 AM

I look foward to sharing Hayao Miyazaki movies with my kids should I ever have any, especially "My Neighbor Totoro" when they are very young.

HoldingFolding 12-08-2005 04:12 AM

Miyazaki's stuff is great. I'm trying to bring my daughter's up to be bilingual (Japanese & English), so they watch the Japanese version. That's also another reason I'm interested in movies for adults with a lot of conversation/humour rather than action.