Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   lucked out against the skunk (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254342)

razor 05-18-2005 03:36 AM

Re: lucked out against the skunk

you can't weasel out of being wrong that easily...

daryn 05-18-2005 03:38 AM

the truth hurts, i'm no theater nerd.

jakethebake 05-18-2005 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
each of them is on his own stage clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly.

Ray Zee 05-18-2005 09:51 AM

Re: stage left meaning

the term as i know it was always used to mean now you are getting out of here quickly. remember snaggle puss, thats what he said when he was splitting. no direction needed just splitting.

Shajen 05-18-2005 10:12 AM

For the record:

Stage directions pertain to the actors left or right...i.e, if I said I was exiting stage left, the audience would see me leaving to their right.

Makes it easier on the actors.

Nice post Ray. We need more of this in OOT.

razor 05-18-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the term as i know it was always used to mean now you are getting out of here quickly. remember snaggle puss, thats what he said when he was splitting. no direction needed just splitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was speaking to daryn's explanation which is clearly wrong.

nicky g 05-18-2005 10:24 AM

You don;t hear too much about skunks over here. I take it being sprayed is really, really bad. But like how bad? I need stories.

SomethingClever 05-18-2005 11:47 AM

When I lived in Pasadena there were skunks around all the time. Driving back home from LA, north on the 110 at night it always smelled skunky.

Then there was the time I pulled into my parking spot and there was one right there. He ran away but I think he sprayed somewhere in the yard because it reeked for days.

jakethebake 05-18-2005 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a big white dog. It got hit pretty bad by a skunk once so we had to rub tomato juice all over it to get rid of the smell. For the next month I had a big fluffy pink dog. When people drove/walked by they couldn't help but stare at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. We had a dog growing up that at least once a year she'd get into a skunk when we were out hunting. Tomato juice works as good as anything, but she was still sleeping outside for a few days. Ironically her name was Rosebud. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edit: we used to always take the juice with us hunting because no way were we letting her in the truck smelling like that.

WSUchica 05-18-2005 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don;t hear too much about skunks over here. I take it being sprayed is really, really bad. But like how bad? I need stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't have any personal stories, but my brother used to work at some tree store and they had to set traps in the fields for raccoons. One day he went up to get the trap then realized it was a skunk that was in there, when I walked into the mudroom that day where his BOOTS were I was like W...T...F IS THAT SMELL!? It's awful