Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   To all of the downswing whiners around here (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376112)

johnnybeef 11-11-2005 04:31 AM

Re: To all of the downswing whiners around here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beefcake

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so beefcake i can't fit through the door.

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

[/ QUOTE ]

what can i say, the shoe fits

johnnybeef 11-11-2005 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not that good. It isn't a downswing.... YOU'RE MEDIOCRE. It is still decent money compared with a normal hourly wage job so take solice in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the [censored] are you, and how do you know how i play?

Gramps 11-11-2005 05:02 AM

From down $10k (aided by 7/7 OOTM Step 5's) 2/3 of the way through the day to up $1k at the end. Never even done the down $5k to up before. Variance is interesting indeed. This game is a lot easier when you win coinflips, don't run into monsters, and get timely suckouts (I'm edumicated at poker).

Beer me, please.

raptor517 11-11-2005 05:22 AM

so i start playing poker again right.. cuz i havent had time and i get a day or 2 off.. so i decide to 8 table some 109s on my new rakeback program.. first 19 sngs im up 2700ish. ship the dough right.. after 75 im up 1200. i love dropping 15 buyins in a row, then breaking even. variance is fun. im drunk. holla

tigerite 11-11-2005 05:31 AM

Ah good, can I join in too? Having beat the $55s for 37% ROI over 400 I've then dropped over 30 buyins in the last 100. Lovely.

I blame Irieguy's experiment, and me joining it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

11-11-2005 06:48 AM

I stopped tracking ROI about 5 months ago and have been running goot ever since.

lacky 11-11-2005 06:58 AM

my assesment of poker this month? it's a stupid game, in all forms, that sucks great big donkey dicks. Playing said game for a living is a stupid pursuit and a wasted life.

Will any of the above keep me from logging on tommorrow for more humiliation. Of course not, where else is an idiot like me gonna make 100K+ a year without getting dressed or bathing or kissing up to some [censored] boss. Job sure sucks some weeks though.

11-11-2005 07:19 AM

I wouldn't say it's a stupid game. Everything else you said is pretty much bang on. About the only other thing I would say is to try and do something good with your spare time and your life won't feel wasted.

Stoneii 11-11-2005 08:37 AM

But I enjoy getting washed, talking to real people without having to guess the tone of their typing, before I come home, slob down, crack open a beer, put on my fowl mood face and only THEN accept being humiliated by said stupid game [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

durron597 11-11-2005 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to let you know what is possible. I beat the 55s for 12% over a 2200 sample earlier in the year. Thanks to a vegas trip and poor game selection at nl ring, I am rebuilding at the 22s currently. Just wanted to let you know that currently after 225 22s, Im break even.

Have a nice day.
Beefcake

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me not feel so bad about my 3% ROI over 234 $16 turbos a few months back.

Don't worry dude, you'll get back there, I have faith.