Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Regulated human reproduction (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367487)

tolbiny 10-29-2005 09:14 PM

Re: Regulated human reproduction

some of the more interesting links, please?

edited to fix the typo.

jokerthief 10-29-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some of the more interesting linps, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, could you define linps?

lehighguy 10-29-2005 09:15 PM

10 Yes?!?!?!?

Ten people voting yes.......

DVaut1 10-29-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did some digging and you are right. Some other countries guilty of this: USA, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Switzerland, Iceland, Singapore, Austrailia, and Norway.

The more I learn about history the darker it becomes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the US had more or less abandoned eugenics programs after WWII; it was certainly a fadish academic-type subject in the 1920s/30s, to be sure - but I'm surprised to learn such programs existed past WWII, after witnessing the horros of Nazi Germany.

Although it must be said that what constitutes eugenics is highly subjective.

jokerthief 10-29-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did some digging and you are right. Some other countries guilty of this: USA, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Switzerland, Iceland, Singapore, Austrailia, and Norway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the US had more or less abandoned eugenics programs after WWII; it was certainly a fadish academic-type subject in the 1920s/30s, to be sure - but I'm surprised to learn such programs existed past WWII, after witnessing the horros of Nazi Germany.

Although it must be said that what constitutes eugenics is highly subjective, to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right the USA did it pre WWII. I just thought I should mention it incase anyone wanted to cast blame and be righteous about this. This is the first I've heard about this, this is shocking to me.

DVaut1 10-29-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it must be said that what constitutes eugenics is highly subjective, to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right the USA did it pre WWII. I just thought I should mention it incase anyone wanted to cast blame and be righteous about this. This is the first I've heard about this, this is shocking to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as I said - it was certainly an idea cultivated in academia; and there was no shortage of psuedo-science, 'race study' type inquiries going on during the period. And the US wasn't immune to the movement. A black mark in history, if you ask me.

mackthefork 10-30-2005 09:19 AM

Re: 14 Now

Perhaps the people who voted yes should be sterilised, just in case. You know?

Mack

lehighguy 10-30-2005 11:50 AM

I thought OP was a sole wacko.

Who is voting yes? Is there some kind of pattern?

mackthefork 10-30-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought OP was a sole wacko.

Who is voting yes? Is there some kind of pattern?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is a pattern, they all think that having more money than someone else automatically makes you a better person, which is nonsense.

Mack

lehighguy 10-30-2005 05:45 PM

I think its much more sinister then that.