Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Watch Waxie Move Up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399252)

Morrek 12-15-2005 10:43 PM

Re: Watch Waxie Move Up

This is 25nl, villain reraising pre and calling a re-re-raise means he has 77+ or any K or A, unless he's "bluffing" or "gambling" with 27o or whatever. However, if you want to be able to beat opponents on higher levels you will have to start giving your villains a little more credit than what is standard on 25nl. On higher levels they will for instance not pay you off(atleast mostly not) on A or K high flops with TT-QQ as they do all the time on 25nl.
I realize that you'll probably win alot of the time in these kinds of hands but it's just not good play

yvesaint 12-15-2005 10:48 PM

3-bet pf is ok depending on the opponent, but the amount sucks. it sounds to me that youre raising purely for information.

you also say you release to a 4-bet. if i held AA in villains hands, i would not 4-bet here at all. why would i want to possibly lose you? plus, id love to let you continue being the aggressor, especially w/me in position

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:17 AM

You don't think I will alternate my play when I move up?

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:19 AM

Would the typical players at 25NL do that? I don't think so.

I agree with you about the optiomal way to play AA in this situation, but I don't think most 25NL players are thinking that way when they have "weapons of mass destruction." They can't wait to put their chips in the middle.

FYI, I would never make that 3-bet against a player that I had a read on as being a tough, agressive player.

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:20 AM

You're silly!

Do you believe in monsters under the bed? If you're playing AJ UTG that weakly, then you are missing a lot of value in 25NL.

PoBoy321 12-16-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're silly!

Do you believe in monsters under the bed? If you're playing AJ UTG that weakly, then you are missing a lot of value in 25NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's really not. And try not to criticize people who are trying to help your play too much.

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:22 AM

I always try to post hands that I think will create good discussion. I do think I played the hand correctly, but I'm open to arguments that I did not.

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:23 AM

Dude, that is not what I am saying at all. Everything I've learned about poker, I learned from this forum. I have made love for 2+2 and all posters.

I posted this hand because I thought it was interesting and that it would generate good discussion. I think it did, even if I don't agree 100% with what people are saying.

PoBoy321 12-16-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always try to post hands that I think will create good discussion. I do think I played the hand correctly, but I'm open to arguments that I did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by your responses to some of the responses which crticize your play, you aren't.

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 01:46 AM

I'm not just willing to concede that I made the wrong decision, but I'll try to be a little nicer. I certianly don't want to give the impression that I am a know-it-all.

At the same time, when people say "This is always incorrect." or "This is always wrong." I think they are being a little silly.