Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Does anyone here like lobster? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394015)

manpower 12-08-2005 05:46 AM

Re: Does anyone here like lobster?

These days lobster is quite a bit more expensive than other sandwich meats, but I don't doubt that there was a time when that happened. McDonald's still does lobster rolls in the summer. They're a little more than their other meals, but still pretty reasonable. I don't know a single person who's actually eaten a lobster roll from mcdonald's though.

Eurotrash 12-08-2005 05:48 AM

lobster is rather awesome.

daryn 12-08-2005 05:48 AM

oh man, the lobster roll from kelly's is outrageous

fyodor 12-08-2005 05:54 AM

I have eaten a ton of lobster and the absolute last thing you want to do to a lobster is ruin it by using butter. If you've cracked a few lobsters it is not that difficult to eat. When I lived on the east coast the gf and I woulb buy 18 live canners, boil them up and eat 9 each. Nothing else is required but lobsters and salt water to boil them in.

TBag 12-08-2005 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh that's another thing, when cooked in the sauce the shell gets pretty damn soft. effortless to bust open the claws and tail. nothing like tearing the end off the tail, pushing your thumb through, getting that big chunk of tail meat and putting it on top of your spaghetti with all that sauce.. wow

i will learn how to make this and other culinary masterpieces from my parents

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do this immediately please and post recipies. Sounds so damn good.

12-08-2005 07:14 AM

Lobster is magnificent

TheTROLL 12-08-2005 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love some lobster. I agree that it's a bitch to prepare. I have a serious aversion to working with food once I've ordered it...like fajitas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree about not wanting to work on it myself in a restaurant - though I never thought of fajitas the same way, maybe because at least everything they put on the table is edible. Just bring me the bits I can eat, you bastards, I'm not paying you to let me prepare a meal myself.

peachy 12-08-2005 07:18 AM

i luv it

splashpot 12-08-2005 07:21 AM

Here's what you do:

Go to the closest Chinatown and order lobster Chinese style. They cut up the lobster for you and fry it with a delicious sauce. It's sooooo much better this way. And it's easier to eat too.

12-08-2005 09:50 AM

I like chinese style lobster, but traditional is way too much work for what you get. I much prefer crab.