Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Did Johnny Chan 4-bet and fold to a 5-bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344565)

BarronVangorToth 09-26-2005 02:29 PM

Re: Did Johnny Chan 4-bet and fold to a 5-bet?

[ QUOTE ]

Or more likely it was just the first big number the writers thought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 100 Big Bets makes you look like a pimp. I'm envious of the picture Barry has at Foxwoods with his Pyramid of Power and I will one day best it by sitting down with him at the 20 game and making his eyes bleed as I begin a'stackin' 40 racks o' white.

Nothing says "macho" more then saying "raise" and shoving in a whole rack -- and then giving the dealer a dirty look when he takes too long to give you your $20 change.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

TheWorstPlayer 09-26-2005 02:38 PM

See? I knew this thread has potential. Nice post.

andyfox 09-26-2005 02:48 PM

This reminds me of a hand I played vs. Tommy Angelo once. Why was I played T.A.? I dunno, we were in his hotel room and they asked me to bring up $1,400 in $1 chips. Anyway, I had 4-high on the river. The board was J-5-3-T-K no flush possible. It was head-up and I was first to act. I turned over my hand. 4-2. Tommy looked at my hand, looked at the board, looked at me, looked back at my hand and said:

"What do you do?"

Justin A 09-26-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's mostly confusing to me is did that action take place preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is my question and why I'm confused. On, say, the river, I might understand but preflop it just seems retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see some cards on the board if you look closely.

TheWorstPlayer 09-26-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is my question and why I'm confused. On, say, the river, I might understand but preflop it just seems retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see some cards on the board if you look closely.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has been established but this is no longer the point of the thread. Thanks, though.

Quicksilvre 09-26-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will help you enjoy movies a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Johnny Chan actually 'acted' in the scene and was an advisor on the show. Why the [censored] would he make a ridiculous scene?

[/ QUOTE ]

To make it more entertaining.

Barry 09-26-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will one day best it by sitting down with him at the 20 game and making his eyes bleed as I begin a'stackin' 40 racks o' white

[/ QUOTE ]

White chips, WHITE CHIPS!!!

You will be forever banned from the FW's 20 game if you show up with ANY white chips.

And MaxPower can attest that I only bought in for 2 racks that day.

BarronVangorToth 09-27-2005 07:07 AM

C'mon, Barry, when I sit at the 20 I always have a handful of whites for tips - but just because it will offend you, I'll limit it to the few even though I was planning on doing the Raise Via A Rack trick (assuming I'm there when you are AND I'm not drinking - a highly unlikely combo).

Alas... I'll just have to best your chip pyramid the old fashioned way (and try not to get banned when I get evidence of it myself as some floor person is bound to go - no cell phones in the poker room, please go to the stairs, blah blah blah).

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com