Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10-20 NL Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401576)

BobboFitos 12-19-2005 11:06 PM

Re: 10-20 NL Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Hiatus,

You can checkraise the flop as well. The bet/call is fine. As you played it, the turn card was horrible, so just check fold until you know this is a guy who can fire multiple barrel bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD, you really checkraise this? (on the flop)

please enlighten me

FoxwoodsFiend 12-19-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiatus,

You can checkraise the flop as well. The bet/call is fine. As you played it, the turn card was horrible, so just check fold until you know this is a guy who can fire multiple barrel bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

please enlighten me

[/ QUOTE ]

Induce a bluff by someone using position. He thinks it's an easy steal. Then you pop him. You get the pot or know for sure you're beat and can shut down if called.

BobboFitos 12-19-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiatus,

[/ QUOTE ]

please enlighten me

[/ QUOTE ]

Induce a bluff by someone using position. He thinks it's an easy steal. Then you pop him. You get the pot or know for sure you're beat and can shut down if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

then why not make this play with JT; 44; and A8? (etc)

Icould understand maybe flop c/r with AA>.. I think me raising pf then trying to c/r doesnt mesh with my overall game. something to add maybe

thabadguy 12-19-2005 11:24 PM

I dont mind a 3 bet once in a while in such a scenario, he could put you on high cards and think his 88 or so i good on the flop.
A 3 bet on the flop slows him down without a monster and he actually may dump a hand such as TT.

HiatusOver 12-20-2005 12:44 AM

So on the turn I checked he bet 450 on a board of 952A...I called. The river I forget what it was...but it went check-check. I won, he had 77. I guess I suck? But I really didnt think he had it!

thabadguy 12-20-2005 01:15 AM

I really dont like a passive line oop,
A 3 bet on the flop or CR on flop is prolly i would do.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-20-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So on the turn I checked he bet 450 on a board of 952A...I called. The river I forget what it was...but it went check-check. I won, he had 77. I guess I suck? But I really didnt think he had it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the time if you take this line, you lose. As for "I really didn't think he had it..." I think that online these kinds of reads require extensive history to be anything more than lucky guessing.

Lucky 12-20-2005 04:23 AM

I c/f turn without read.

durrrr 12-20-2005 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hiatus,

[/ QUOTE ]

If theres a non k/9 turn card im calling its an A.

Yeti 12-20-2005 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiatus,

[/ QUOTE ]

If theres a non k/9 turn card im calling its an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Then what?