Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   New Orleans (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329113)

09-03-2005 09:25 PM

Re: New Orleans

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since the troops need a lot of logistical support and it takes time to get it in place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

The 82nd brings with it any logistical support it needs. That's how they operate for days behind enemy lines without resupply.

Broken Glass Can 09-03-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FEDERAL TROOPS CAN'T BE IMPOSED WITHOUT CIVIL REQUEST UNDER U.S. LAW EXCEPT IN CASES OF INVASION.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I remember the Arkansas Gov. requested the Federal Troops from Kennedy to help desegrate the High Schools.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you are a bit shaky on your history there. It was a Republican President who sent the guard to Little Rock. I'll let you figure out which one.

SheetWise 09-03-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The governor has likely not been through any natural disasters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never known a flight attendant who had experience with a plane crash either -- but they are trained to act correctly if they're about to learn.

SheetWise 09-03-2005 10:08 PM

newfant -

Are you available for study? I'd like to throw some evidence to the opponents of intelligent design.

SheetWise 09-03-2005 10:12 PM

Re: Here, try the relevant one.

[ QUOTE ]
...it shall be lawful for the President . to employ such part of the land and naval forces of the United States as he may deem necessary to enforce the lawful execution of the laws of the United States ."

[/ QUOTE ]
And the federal law that was being violated?

SheetWise 09-03-2005 10:15 PM

What are you two arguing about? My dad can beat your dad? Of course the US could have had troops in there. Legally? It depends if they were asked.

cardcounter0 09-03-2005 10:27 PM

No, if the President orders it, they go.

cardcounter0 09-03-2005 10:29 PM

Dodging The Lie

[ QUOTE ]
I see you are a bit shaky on your history there. It was a Republican President who sent the guard to Little Rock. I'll let you figure out which one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you trying to say that the Arkansas Gov. requested the troops from the Republican President? Or are you just ignoring the original point? Or are you trying to say that only Republican Presidents can send Troops to States?

SheetWise 09-03-2005 10:32 PM

That's a fact.

And if he ordered them to Toronto, they would go as well. But he's not going to do it without a clear understanding and invitation.

09-03-2005 10:39 PM

I agree with you that we could have had troops in NO sooner. BluffTHIS! posted that the military needs time to gather logistical support for the troops. All I pointed out was that the 82nd Airborne Division can deploy on short notice without a huge logistical tail.