Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "One week as a pro" article (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399114)

12-16-2005 12:44 AM

Re: \"One week as a pro\" article

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PROFESSIONAL POKER is poker you make an income of off. Why do people assume you are only pro if you are making 6 digits? 20 bucks an hour, non taxed income, is a very decent living. Especially when you are free to travel, make your own hours, not shave or shower, and even jack off on the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. if you are a poker "pro" only making $20 an hour, you should get another job. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an absurd cocky statement. Like stacy's mom said. 20bucks an hour is alot more then most people make. Add the convenience of being self employed and it is a decent living for a lot of people. DO YOU SEE WHY? probably not.

gildwulf 12-16-2005 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PROFESSIONAL POKER is poker you make an income of off. Why do people assume you are only pro if you are making 6 digits? 20 bucks an hour, non taxed income, is a very decent living. Especially when you are free to travel, make your own hours, not shave or shower, and even jack off on the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. if you are a poker "pro" only making $20 an hour, you should get another job. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an absurd cocky statement. Like stacy's mom said. 20bucks an hour is alot more then most people make. Add the convenience of being self employed and it is a decent living for a lot of people. DO YOU SEE WHY? probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you see why

MyTurn2Raise 12-16-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people who only win 1bb/100 think they can go pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

because I'm doing it ...and it's all good

scotty34 12-16-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

20 bucks an hour when you only put in 3-4 hours a day is not that great. If you want to play it 8 hours a day like a normal job, you are headed for a quick burnout.

BradleyT 12-16-2005 01:44 AM

Why is everyone ripping on his 1BB/100? Do you think he wont get better after putting in 100,000 hands or something?

wadea 12-16-2005 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact on a typical day I would have multiple good and bad periods, plus periods where I stayed approximately where I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a very insightful article. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Victor 12-16-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people who only win 1bb/100 think they can go pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a great winrate at 10/20 or higher.

mackthefork 12-16-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more than 75% of the working population of the UK earn, and most people would give their right arm to earn that much, if I could guarantee $20 an hour for the next 10 years I would go pro tommorrow, sadly that is unlikely.

Mack

MicroBob 12-16-2005 06:56 AM

I'd rather make $20/hr playing a freaking computer game from home that I can do whenever I want then make $30 or $40/hr having to commute to a typical office 'environment' working a typical type of 'boss' while always smiling and wearing a shirt and tie and having to show up at 8 in the freaking morning.

At $20/hr on online-poker you also have the potential to actually GET BETTER. There is no reason to assume that you will always continue to make that much.
The 'business trips' in poker (stuff like winning a package to the WSOP or something) are pretty nice perks too.

Lots of people who work pretty miserable jobs for semi-decent money would gladly take a pay-cut to work at home whenever they felt like working.
Many of these people would accept an even bigger pay-cut if it was no longer the same job, but rather was something that they actually kind of enjoyed like playing poker.

I've been in a really bad losing streak lately...and even that hasn't really turned me off to the freedom and flexibility that one gets doing this.
I'm grinding my way back because it's so much better than so many other options out there (and because I think the long-term potential of studying and becoming a good poker-player is worthwhile).

RikaKazak 12-16-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more than 75% of the working population of the UK earn, and most people would give their right arm to earn that much, if I could guarantee $20 an hour for the next 10 years I would go pro tommorrow, sadly that is unlikely.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I would shoot myself if I made $20 a hour at poker, it's SUPER EASY to make over $50 a hour, and not too hard to cross the $100 a hour mark.