Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Puke- What a horrible ad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372674)

CORed 11-06-2005 08:41 PM

Re: Puke- What a horrible ad

[ QUOTE ]
Without heterosexuals, you don't have a family, the basis of a society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we come to the meat of the matter. The usually unstated belief among homophombes that if homosexuality is not vigrously repressed, everybody will turn gay. That's right folks, for the majority of you who are heterosexual, the only reason you are sexually attracted to people of the opposite gender is the sure knowledge that you will be punished, by God and the state, if you dare to do what you really want to do, and have sex with people of the same gender. If we don't persecute gay people, next thing you know, everybody will be gay, and h o m o sapiens will be doomed to extinction.

CORed 11-06-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think I haven't? I have not read so many retarded statements in one thread as I have here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So quit making them.

Borodog 11-06-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without heterosexuals, you don't have a family, the basis of a society.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Peter666 11-06-2005 11:27 PM

Homophobes are that way because of nature. They don't choose to be homophobes. Why don't you let them live as they please?

11-06-2005 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homophobes are that way because of nature. They don't choose to be homophobes. Why don't you let them live as they please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im still waiting for you to tell us how Socrates, who repeatedly directly alluded to personal sexual relations with boys, was a god-fearing straight man.

Please, enlighten me.

PoBoy321 11-07-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im still waiting for you to tell us how Socrates, who repeatedly directly alluded to personal sexual relations with boys, was a god-fearing straight man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he said that the only real love was between two men.

11-07-2005 01:19 AM

Im not claiming to be a Socrates expert, if your statement is true, I wasnt aware, I only read The Republic, and Plato's book about Socrates. Im assuming that he was speaking platonically, but again I may be wrong.

All I know is that I bs'd my way through a 10-page paper on why his ideal city couldn't exist and was unfair to its populace

so Pete, where you at buddy? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PoBoy321 11-07-2005 02:34 AM

linky

I'm trying to find a brief quote that sums up his argument, but I can't, so I'll paraphrase.

Basically, Socrates says that we love what we love what we want and we want what we can't have, because if we had it, we wouldn't want it and wouldn't love it, and most of all, we want immortality and youth, so the most natural kind of love is between an older man and a younger boy (in this sense, it means like 16 or 17 years old) because the man loves youth.

Peter666 11-07-2005 02:55 AM

If one has read the "Repulic" or "Gorgias" and some other works one obviously knows that Socrates was against all excessive sexual behaviour, and even rejected physical contact! Men should love each other like a father loves his son was his conclusion. Plato goes into more detail about the unnaturalness and despicability of homosexuality in his LAWS.

Peter666 11-07-2005 02:59 AM

You who have never heard the concept of natural law, either legal or moral? Have you gone beyond the 10 grade?