Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   opinion time -- how weak will you call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397270)

kurto 12-13-2005 03:50 PM

Re: opinion time -- how weak will you call

[ QUOTE ]
alright, i called w/77 and got a lot of flak for it at the table, and from someone who was watching me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understand people who give a flak to the person who calls with a weak hand but don't give flak to the person who bets with 9 high.

Seems like the hero made a good call.

Leptyne 12-13-2005 03:54 PM

KJ

TheWorstPlayer 12-13-2005 04:08 PM

ace high looks good. you look like you have nothing. he is betting a lot. if he has a pair, he should check and hope to beat your ace high.

yvesaint 12-13-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the gayest thread ever

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, it was clearly the bastard child of yours

BobboFitos 12-13-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ace high looks good. you look like you have nothing. he is betting a lot. if he has a pair, he should check and hope to beat your ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

the answer is A6, the elaboration is alot of villains bluffs beat ace high.

TheWorstPlayer 12-13-2005 06:20 PM

yeah, pr+fd is possible. I think AK is close, though.

rachelwxm 12-14-2005 06:14 PM

I thought you play it well actually. If he has queen, you would likely hear from him before river I think. So without blocking river, you do take chance that he has a jack or anything beat you. But given your description, check call is better.

His bet size also looks like a bluff.
Are you folding here if he bet 2/3 pot or way over bet?

TheCat 12-15-2005 08:36 AM

I'm with you, maybe also QJ. Villian either has nothing at all or Jx. He does not have AJ else he would have raised on the flop.

rwanger 12-15-2005 10:26 AM

Good call with 77. I might have done it with worse.

Think about what your play looks like to the villian. You raised pf, checked the flop, tried to buy it on the turn, and then checked the river. He puts on NOTHING.

Also, the size of his bet is telling. There is no reason for him to bet so large when you clearly have nothing. Even if he has a small pair, I see him checking behind because with a bet sized like his on the river, he is only going to get called if beat, and you aren't going to fold a better hand since HE hasn't shown strength.

You can call with lots of crap here, the only danger is him putting you on a smallish pair, and trying to bet you off with a slightly larger pair.

Finite_Risk 12-15-2005 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good call with 77. I might have done it with worse.

Think about what your play looks like to the villian. You raised pf, checked the flop, tried to buy it on the turn, and then checked the river. He puts on NOTHING.

Also, the size of his bet is telling. There is no reason for him to bet so large when you clearly have nothing. Even if he has a small pair, I see him checking behind because with a bet sized like his on the river, he is only going to get called if beat, and you aren't going to fold a better hand since HE hasn't shown strength.

You can call with lots of crap here, the only danger is him putting you on a smallish pair, and trying to bet you off with a slightly larger pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why I overbet often with the nuts - keeps people who think like this honest (I am not being a deek, I agree with your logic)