Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bottom set facing HUGE overbet NL200 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375090)

beavens 11-09-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Bottom set facing HUGE overbet NL200 6max

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call. He has KQ. Too bad he hit a K on the river to beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guess this is a joke (sarcasm detector is in the shop)

would you mind showing us the actual results?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Call" was serious. The "He has KQ" was conjecture. The "Too bad..." part was a guess that this is why OP posted here, as if he should have folded to this overbet because though he's likely ahead, is he behind enough times (and villain can still draw out) where he shouldn't call this? Now that I think of it, villain might have AJ and spike a T on the river too.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe.. i should've specified! the sucking out with the K was what i was referring to.

sucks if he lost the hand like that

TheWorstPlayer 11-09-2005 06:16 PM

I instacall. It's AA most of the time.

xorbie 11-09-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I instacall. It's TJ most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheWorstPlayer 11-09-2005 06:32 PM

Some of the time, yeah, and I almost included that. But I think AA is more likely than TJ. They pull this random crap with AA all the time. Particularly on flops that are scary for them. "KQ!? Oh crap?! I push! Maybe they fold top set!"

xorbie 11-09-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the time, yeah, and I almost included that. But I think AA is more likely than TJ. They pull this random crap with AA all the time. Particularly on flops that are scary for them. "KQ!? Oh crap?! I push! Maybe they fold top set!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen this. Seriously, I think it depends on the player but I see this with TJ, AQ/JJ, AJ/AT. That's about it.

mikeyworm 11-09-2005 06:53 PM

RESULTS

I couldn't call fast enough. I never expected KK but thats what it was. Weird play by villain but he got my chips.

beavens 11-09-2005 06:59 PM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't call fast enough. I never expected KK but thats what it was. Weird play by villain but he got my chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch.. tough beat

xorbie 11-09-2005 07:14 PM

Cold deck, not tough beat.

beavens 11-09-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cold deck, not tough beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain plz

xorbie 11-09-2005 07:18 PM

Hero was never ahead, from PF to river. That's not a tough beat, it's a "cold deck" in the sense that it's just an unavoidable situation in which you have a 2nd (or 3rd) best hand vs the nuts.