Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   River = chip-spewing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284494)

bozlax 07-01-2005 06:18 PM

Re: River = chip-spewing?

[ QUOTE ]
I was doing exactly what you said -- trying to maximize my chances in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, c/r'ing this flop won't do that for you because it won't fold anybody.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that it's significant that, in the end, I was only called on the river bet by a single person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to your flop play, it isn't. And, it's good you had a plan, but any plan that keeps you betting in this situation seems like a bad one to me.

Since we've booked our ticket to Results-Oriented Land, though, what did the one person that called you flip over?

@bsolute_luck 07-01-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know, I know, maximize chance of winning the pot, blah blah, but you're not going to drive out overcards or anything else once you're 6 players to the flop in a raised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing exactly what you said -- trying to maximize my chances in a big pot. I think that it's significant that, in the end, I was only called on the river bet by a single person. The chance to win that pot isn't worth 2BB at the minimum? Certainly, and perhaps I should have stated this at the beginning, in the face of any sort of resistance or play-back, I was going into check/call mode at best, and folding if I had to overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing you maximized was the size of the pot. you weren't helping your case here at all. you think they'll call 1 bet, but suddenly fold because of your c/r? you're giving better odds for anyone to suck out on your already uber-vulnerable pair of 6s plus backdoors. [ QUOTE ]
I think that it's significant that, in the end, I was only called on the river bet by a single person.

[/ QUOTE ]

result-oriented. not long term +EV. plus you think having only 1 person calling you is an accomplishment? isn't so great when he has a 9. that isn't anything to cheer about really.

Baloosh 07-01-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the only thing you maximized was the size of the pot. you weren't helping your case here at all. you think they'll call 1 bet, but suddenly fold because of your c/r? you're giving better odds for anyone to suck out on your already uber-vulnerable pair of 6s plus backdoors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. Seems like I made at least a couple of errors on this one. Raising the flop and betting the river. Thanks to all for the comments.

Villain turned over ATo for Ace-high.

no1super2001 07-01-2005 09:01 PM

First, do not call this hand in MP3. That is spewing.
Button must have been the only one paying attention to the board, responding to your raise on the fairly coordinated flop.

I think you have to let the river check through, you are probably only getting a call from a hand that beats you.

Rev. Good Will 07-01-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By calling with this preflop in mp3 yes you are chip spweing.

[/ QUOTE ]

and going with the OP's read:

[ QUOTE ]
Table was typically LP

[/ QUOTE ]

do you hate money or something?

Rev. Good Will 07-01-2005 09:40 PM

I don't care what anybody says, I'm limping here all the time in LP on a loose/passive table.

What were you trying to do by c/r'ing the flop? I don't think BPSK, BDFD, and a gutshot is good enough to trap bets. Either Bet into the PF raiser if you want to knock out peeps, or check/call, and re-evaluate where you stand on the turn. I like the latter choice better.

I don't know how to feel about betting the turn, though based off the flop, I don't think button has an overpair, you have a crapload of cards to dodge for the river(9's, A-T overs, diamonds, your 5 outs suck). If you felt you had enough fold equity, betting is cool, though I'd probably check it.

I'd probably check the river too cause I'm going through my weak-tight phase. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bozlax 07-02-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain turned over ATo for Ace-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it was coming. "I won the pot, so my play must've been right."

Congrats.

Baloosh 07-02-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I knew it was coming. "I won the pot, so my play must've been right."

Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that, and in fact have admitted in this thread that I misplayed the hand. But if you want to put words in my mouth, feel free.. I guess.

I do appreciate your (and everyone's) comments. I'm still learning...