Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Saw 2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368812)

CollinEstes 10-31-2005 11:17 AM

Re: Saw 2

[ QUOTE ]
ok. i might not remember this exactly right because it's been awhile since i saw the movie, but one of the holes as i recall was that the guy didn't try nearly hard enough to reach the gun at whatever point in the movie that was. he just tried to reach it with his hand and it wasn't that far out of reach. if'he'd tried to reach it using something else, even a piece of clothing he could have. he could've just shot the damn chain off.

also, as ray pointed out, the cutting off of the whole foot was just dumb.

i remember watching and coming up with like a half dozen ways they could've gotten out of there. but like ray said a voluntary suspension of belief was really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you have to just go with it in order to enjoy a movie, like say Kill Bill.

jakethebake 10-31-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have to just go with it in order to enjoy a movie, like say Kill Bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but these are clearly different kinds of movies.

CollinEstes 10-31-2005 11:19 AM

Yeah no doubt, but still I think Saw 1 & 2 are enjoyable for the premise if you can get past some of the things that make you go WTF, do this or that.

LALDAAS 10-31-2005 11:19 AM

As for the holes in the first one (not that I recall any) I am sure this has to do with editing.They always do that. I have never seen the directors cut is there any extra footage?

I saw the trailer....Meh

Slow Play Ray 10-31-2005 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but like ray said a voluntary suspension of disbelief was really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

utmt40 10-31-2005 12:00 PM

There was already a thread on this a few days back. Please try and understand the value of our search function...

WOW its like magic!

10-31-2005 02:20 PM

I have a credible source though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeti 10-31-2005 05:21 PM

What's so amusing is how easy it would have been for them all to survive if they'd used their brains for 30s.

10-31-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Saw 2 (poss. spoiler)

[ QUOTE ]
What's so amusing is how easy it would have been for them all to survive if they'd used their brains for 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAW 2 WRITER: I have an idea for a great sequel!

PRODUCER: Cool!

SAW 2 WRITER: We'll put all these folks in a house and tell them they are somehow linked and that their lives depend on figuring this link out.

PRODUCER: Awesome. So it will be a suspenseful thriller watching them try to piece this mystery together while having their personalities and perspectives (along with the evil mastermind) hinder the process.

SAW 2 WRITER: No. They'll just run around the house trying to kill each other for no apparent reason and we'll just explain the link at the end.

PRODUCER: Umm, okay.

istewart 10-31-2005 05:30 PM

This movie looked like [censored].