Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What is Wrong with the Yankees? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=80591)

Jim Kuhn 04-20-2004 12:15 AM

Re: What is Wrong with the Yankees?

Andy,

You are excused. You have a valid excuse for being a Yankee fan! Just like I was born to redneck parents!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

jdl22 04-20-2004 01:38 AM

Re: What is Wrong with the Yankees?

Maybe he meant valuable but that sure as hell is not what he said. In fact, after he made that comment he was called out by one of the other announcers and proceeded to argue that Shaq has skills other than shoving his ass into his defender and dunking.

If any team brought in a sumo wrestler he would score 10 points a game at most.

andyfox 04-24-2004 12:14 AM

Update

I still say the Yankees have rotation problems.

When was the last time a team lost their number 1, 2 and 3 starters, who won 52 games the year before, yet still won a pennant?

John Cole 04-24-2004 03:57 AM

Re: Update

To answer your rhetorical question: probably not since anyone began calling starters numbers 1, 2, and 3. Note that Vasquez (sp?) goes on three days rest on Sunday. Desperation time in the city?

Kurn, son of Mogh 04-24-2004 09:51 AM

Further update

It's still April

John Cole 04-24-2004 11:08 AM

Re: Further update

And, such a lovely April it is here in New England. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

BTW, when the Sox failed to score in game seven with runners on second and third and none out, I turned to my stepdaughter and said, "The Red Sox will lose."

"How do you know?" she asked.

"I know."

Saw a New York plate the other day that read "RDSOXFAN."

Kurn, son of Mogh 04-24-2004 12:24 PM

My realization of the impending loss came after the topof the 8th. I had run out of the den to iron a shirt for work the next day. When I came back in my first sight was Pedro on the mound. My "NOOOOOO!!!!" rang through the neighborhood. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MMMMMM 04-24-2004 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, when the Sox failed to score in game seven with runners on second and third and none out, I turned to my stepdaughter and said, "The Red Sox will lose."

"I know."

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, John, it would be helpful if you would mention to her the Fundamental Theorem of the Boston Red Sox:

The more likely the Red Sox are to win, the more likely they are to lose

Zeno 04-24-2004 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I know."

[/ QUOTE ]

Blazers Vs. Lakers game 7 WC Finals (In reality, the NBA title game) . Start of Lakers 'Comeback in the 4th quarter'.

I knew.

-Zeno

jdl22 04-24-2004 01:53 PM

No $hit that was awful.

You from Oregon?