Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Would you drop bottom set? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378205)

kagame 11-14-2005 03:37 PM

Re: Would you drop bottom set?

this hand range doesnt accurately fit the bb's play style as given by jen, sure its possible but those arent the most likely hands, its either a set or a nut flush/combo draw imo

this seems similar to a way behind or slightly ahead situation

of course set over set is uncommon but this action is sick, and the player is TAG and plays straightforwardly, and jen is yet to act and has a tight as hell image

where am i wrong here?

JMa 11-14-2005 03:40 PM

this is straightforward play for a TAG w/ a big draw. I wouldnt give a limping tight player any respect either.

Mark1808 11-14-2005 04:25 PM

It all comes down to what hands you think the TAG would call a $100 raise with from the LAG (and not reraise) and then come over the top all in with 2 players behind after the flop. Would he make this play with AJ? With a draw? The most likely holdings are JJ or 99, you are getting not quite 2 - 1, is he more than twice as likely to have a set than the other hands mentioned? Then fold, otherwise call. My experience with good TAG's and this flop and this many players is he has a set. Would he call a 5xBB raise in a multi way pot out of position with AJ? AKh is a possibility, but there is 1 way to make this hand versus 6 for JJ and 6 for 99.

jen 11-14-2005 06:15 PM

"SB bet pot (~$430). SB went all-in."

Oops, I meant BB went all-in.

jen 11-14-2005 06:17 PM

"who is the LAG?"

SB - not the guy who went all-in. Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post.

jen 11-14-2005 06:22 PM

"i think the problem here is its such a close decision"

I think so also, and given the 10 secs or so to think didn't help (the down-side of multi-tabling).

"it ISNT an overpair bb is pushing with so its either a flush draw/pair/over combo or youre toast"

Yes, I agree here too.

jen 11-14-2005 06:24 PM

Thanks... tough crowd. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

jen 11-14-2005 06:26 PM

"el d im a little surprised?"

Yes, he knows me. But he never agrees with me; check the archives...

Yeti 11-14-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"el d im a little surprised?"

Yes, he knows me. But he never agrees with me; check the archives...

[/ QUOTE ]

You never agree with Diablo? You must be pretty bad.

jen 11-14-2005 06:37 PM

"Why do you wanna fold here so bad?"

I didn't.

"So SB raises preflop with a big pair. BB calls with JhTh/AhKh /6h7h. SB leads, BB pushes naturally, we instacall.

There is 6 possible ways to hold a higher set here, and we have JThh,AKhh,QThh,67hh,T8hh,87hh plus a bunch of other big draws. BB may even have AA, trapping SB."

I didn't think his preflop hand selection was that wide; nor did I think he would have flat-called preflop with what would have been an overpair in that spot.

Of course, I could be wrong, since I had only seen him play a limited number of hands.