Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Road Courtesy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289431)

siccjay 07-09-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Road Courtesy

[ QUOTE ]
Warning other drivers is a crime & if you get caught doing it you goin' DOWN boy!

P.S.: There are speed regulations & cops for a reason... you pay taxes to pay the cops and then sabotage their work?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a douchebag.

Dead 07-09-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Warning other drivers is a crime & if you get caught doing it you goin' DOWN boy!

P.S.: There are speed regulations & cops for a reason... you pay taxes to pay the cops and then sabotage their work?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't pay attention to Laramani. He's from the UK and is a little fckhead. It is not illegal to flash drivers here.

rusellmj 07-09-2005 03:40 PM

I learned about this from my pops. I find I really only have the opportunity to do this on road trips where there are long stretches of nothing. When I spot Smokey hiding in the bushes I'll try and warn others. I've had truckers flash back thanking me, but I really can't remember anyone doing this for me. I don't have a radar detector, but have learned several tactics through the years to keep from getting caught. My dad lives about 50 miles from Mt. St. Helens and flashing gets used much more in those winding mountain roads of WA.

Pocket Trips 07-09-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know it makes sense. Go back to your 4-monitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great just what OOT needs... another troll

TheTROLL 07-09-2005 04:15 PM

No, don't really have a problem with them from a traffic control point of view, they're only enforcing an existing law, after all... I just find the concept mildly unpleasant, can't really explain why - feels a bit "1984" or something, I guess.

34TheTruth34 07-09-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warning other drivers is a crime

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember reading that there was a court case involving this. IIRC, it was ruled that it is covered by freedom of speech and is, therefore, legal and constitutional. Anyone know the details?

kerssens 07-09-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do that. I've also moved into the left lane when approaching a stoplight when I can see the guy behind me is turning right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad there are other. I've found in the last five years or so that I've become a much better driver, staying right on the freeway unless I'm passing, etc. I never understand the unnecessary lane changes that I see a lot. If it's midnight and the highway is practically empty why do people make lane changes? Is it boredom?

bernie 07-09-2005 05:33 PM

I do it and have had it done for me. I like it.

b

SparkyDog 07-09-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People in the Ozarks will nearly always flash for a speed trap.

Of course, they also wave to other drivers and all kinds of goofy, friendly stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. That or we rev our engines if we drive big loud trucks (most of us do).

Do you live in the Ozarks or just visit?

BadBoyBenny 07-09-2005 09:05 PM

I do it when I remember, I used to be better about it. Both times when I was flashed and I thought someone was doing it for me, it just turned out to be deer in the road.

Someday it will happen though...