Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   party 30/60 hand I'm not happy with (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382578)

ggbman 11-21-2005 08:48 PM

Re: party 30/60 hand I\'m not happy with

[ QUOTE ]
It may be results oriented to say call the river. And I do like folding the turn. But I think calling the river is consistent with calling the turn. What I'd like is someone to explain why calling the turn and folding the river is correct taking into account the size of the pot and the likelihood that UTG is second best to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka felt that there was a decent chance people would semi-bluff the turn, but there was almost 0% liklihood that someone would follow through into 2 people on the river with a hand worse than his. I understand his thought process, but i still advocate either folding the turn of calling down. (And i lean very heavily towards folding the turn) Basically the pot was laying him like 10-1, so he has to have the best hand 10% of th time to overcall this river. I think he might be lucky to have the best hand 5% o the time here. This was just a circumstance where he got shown worse hands and wanted to confirm that his play was ok, which i think it was. (although i fold 1 street earlier)

RED_RAIN 11-21-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, i'm sure you know what you're doing preflop, but i have hard time imagining you give up much (if anything) by mucking this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also call this late position after limpers. Am I wrong to?

Justin A 11-21-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, i'm sure you know what you're doing preflop, but i have hard time imagining you give up much (if anything) by mucking this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is a pretty standard call against likely bad playing opponents.

roy_miami 11-21-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GAMBLE IT UP DERB!!!!!!

just kidding, I play JTo, K9o, QTo even 9To sometimes in late position after limpers. QJ is pretty compared to those hands.

Paluka 11-21-2005 09:09 PM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of consensus on how to play this hand. I thought it was a tough spot.

shemp 11-21-2005 09:20 PM

So what happened was a 20:1 shot or worse that Paluka just happened to witness? O rly. That seems quite a bit long to me. Not 1 in 10 but fewer than 1 in 20 unknown Party 30 players is this goofy. You might be right. I'm skeptical.

shemp 11-21-2005 09:26 PM

Would you have called the river if UTG folded? Would those who laugh at my view/argument agree with that fold?

haakee 11-21-2005 09:35 PM

I don't like the spot you're in on the turn here. There's a chance you might have the best hand, but you'll have to fold the river to a bet-call in front of you if you decide to call the turn.

I would play it the same way you did PF and on the flop (although sometimes I'd smooth-call the flop and raise the turn). On the turn I would sit and agonize for a little bit, think to myself "This sucks, I might be ahead here" then click the fold button.

Paluka 11-21-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what happened was a 20:1 shot or worse that Paluka just happened to witness? O rly. That seems quite a bit long to me. Not 1 in 10 but fewer than 1 in 20 unknown Party 30 players is this goofy. You might be right. I'm skeptical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I witnessed a 1 outer once. Does that mean it wasn't a 1 outer? A 1 in 20 shot isn't all that rare.

Paluka 11-21-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have called the river if UTG folded? Would those who laugh at my view/argument agree with that fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called the river if utg folded, although it is really hard to put utg on a hand that beats me.