Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   settle a bet... 30/60 preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344354)

blumpkin22 09-26-2005 03:50 AM

Re: settle a bet... 30/60 preflop

[ QUOTE ]
the game was played 7 handed. first guy folded. now there is an UTG raise and CO 3-bet in a 6-max game and your standard play is fold? that's weak

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I missed that it was 7-handed, that changes things quite a bit.

Pog0 09-26-2005 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oops, I missed that it was 7-handed, that changes things quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they realize that it changes things quite a bit.

DeeJ 09-26-2005 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7 handed. a bit loose and very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This turns it from a fold to a raise. A bit tight=fold. A bit passive=fold. A bit loose + very aggressive = reraise. Calling is probably not bad either if it helps disguise your hand.

YoureToast 09-26-2005 09:47 AM

Jay, I think you have the answer to the question. There is no answer. A lot depends on the types of players who raised. But even assuming you know this, unless their maniacs, I don't think theres a "standard" 2+2 answer to this. I will personally fold this to all but the most aggressive players. I'll also cap if the original raiser is a maniac and I think the 3 better knows it. I do think that the circumstances in which calling is correct are few and far between -- and may only exist if the original better is a complete and absolute moron postflop as well as being a maniac preflop.

amulet 09-26-2005 01:18 PM

why are your posts always hostile? depending on the opponent i either cap here with QQ or fold. more often i cap, but like everything discussed here it depends on the game and the opponents.

jayheaps 09-26-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jay, I think you have the answer to the question. There is no answer. A lot depends on the types of players who raised. But even assuming you know this, unless their maniacs, I don't think theres a "standard" 2+2 answer to this. I will personally fold this to all but the most aggressive players. I'll also cap if the original raiser is a maniac and I think the 3 better knows it. I do think that the circumstances in which calling is correct are few and far between -- and may only exist if the original better is a complete and absolute moron postflop as well as being a maniac preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was more curious as to what the consensus view is. In my mind, I cap every time unless the CO is very tight. Personally, I thought the 2+2 crowd would be around 75/25 in favor of capping.