Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mod Battle Round 1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358423)

[censored] 10-15-2005 11:00 PM

Re: Mod Battle Round 1

[ QUOTE ]
ah, lighten up, bro. Yeah, it's just a popularity contest, but it is yet another outlet for our competitive instincts.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a matter of lightening up as I'm not going to do anything, I'm just curious.

I thought the original poll was interesting and people seemed to enjoy it but I also thought that pretty much clearly displayed how everyone felt on the subject.

Again I'm just expressing some thoughts and saying stating what should or should not be done. Noone has complained beyond me so I'll assume everyone else enjoys it.

Malachii 10-15-2005 11:03 PM

Wacki versus Xorbie will be closest. Both are damn cool.

[censored] 10-15-2005 11:05 PM

Also on my own voting most of this was decided as randomly as possible as I feel the same towards all of them minus a 1 or 2. If that is what everyone else is doing or simply picking the name they recognize does that consitute a good poll?

I guess when I say polls should be good these are the things people should be thinking about. Things like will the voters have a reason to care either way, will they be able to argue and discuss why one side is superior. How does deciding between Mr.wookiepants and durrun90210 bring that about?

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts from the very good posters here.

Blarg 10-15-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm I don't know. perhaps I'll just see how I do before I decide.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems fair. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword. Anyway there is no power to kick a mod out, so this seems pretty mild stuff indeed. So mild as to not even seem all that interesting.

Lazymeatball 10-16-2005 12:10 AM

Judging by the number of people who have voted in this poll, it seems pretty popular. If it's not your thing, fine. I was never interested in your hundreds of Ms. OOT polls, so I just didn't read them, problem solved. This poll at least has valid choices. Your job is to stick to the obvious crap like ManyBeers. By the way, mrwookiepants is far superior based on his wiggum avatar.

[censored] 10-16-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the number of people who have voted in this poll, it seems pretty popular. If it's not your thing, fine. I was never interested in your hundreds of Ms. OOT polls, so I just didn't read them, problem solved. This poll at least has valid choices. Your job is to stick to the obvious crap like ManyBeers. By the way, mrwookiepants is far superior based on his wiggum avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is somewhat of what I was looking for. If it's just me then that is totally fine.

ptmusic 10-16-2005 01:29 AM

This is an entertaining poll to me. For one thing, it's interesting to see how the mods (including you) are reacting.

-ptmusic

CardSharpCook 10-16-2005 02:21 AM

Are there brackets here? Or is the next round gonna be: highest seed left vs. lowest seed left
2nd highest vs. 2nd lowest
ect.?

durron597 10-16-2005 06:06 AM

Wow, I'm doing better against Evan than I thought I would.

xorbie 10-16-2005 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wacki versus Xorbie will be closest. Both are damn cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone in OOT knows much about me besides the fact that I make quesedillas the wrong shape and love Mars Volta.