Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   King yao's book online (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333136)

MyTurn2Raise 09-09-2005 11:24 PM

Re: Inability to critically discuss an issue

Isn't there a politics forum?

benfranklin 09-10-2005 01:51 AM

Re: Inability to critically discuss an issue

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't there a politics forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also a "Science, Math, and Philosophy" forum. While some of the above discussion addresses issues of primitive religion, none could be considered as rigorous and logical discussions of science, politics or philosophy.

King Yao 09-10-2005 02:10 AM

Re: King yao\'s book online

Thanks to all for the support. I'm not going to rant and rave because I don't think it would do any good. I just hope that most people will do the right thing. By the responses I have read on this forum, I believe that will happen.

As far as the drafts that I put up on my old webpage (which I took down almost a year ago) - I can not and do not stand behind any of them. They have gone through heavy changes. That includes many math corrections, sentence structures, and general idea presentation. That's why they are drafts, and not published as such. I also had a lot of criticsm that the drafts were tough to understand in some areas - a copy editor has corrected those erros.

I think it's clear that if you are interested in my book, buying an actual book has positive expectancy versus trying to weed out what is right or wrong, corrected or uncorrected, in the drafts.

Again, thanks for all the support from many posters here. I appreciate it!

benkahuna 09-10-2005 05:23 AM

I ordered your book today. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Should arrive in 4-9 days. I could have tried to find a pirated version, but I'm not a bastard like the original poster that wants your family to starve and die!

Just being melodramatic the second part. I really did order it.

colgin 09-10-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the drafts that I put up on my old webpage (which I took down almost a year ago) - I can not and do not stand behind any of them. They have gone through heavy changes. That includes many math corrections, sentence structures, and general idea presentation. That's why they are drafts, and not published as such. I also had a lot of criticsm that the drafts were tough to understand in some areas - a copy editor has corrected those erros.

[/ QUOTE ]

King,

I read a good portion of the drafts last year when you posted them and in the form they were then in I could not have anticipated just how good your book would be. I think people are crazy not to go out and buy for $25 or less a book that will probably help them make thousands over the years. I would not want to rely on your outdated drafts that were previously posted.

Easy E 09-10-2005 11:17 AM

Re:Stealing

Fixing your post:
[ QUOTE ]
One common excuse for the redefinition of morality is what is accepted by the majority in a society. The majority of the society of internet goers have illegally traded copyrighted works so it's hard to make the case that such exchanges are immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think making the case is hard at all.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH 09-10-2005 12:32 PM

i checked back on my post and didn't realize i made quite a stir. I don't know if i actually have the real edition..I haven't even read it. It's "hold 'em brain" as someone pointed out....I assume that's the draft?

And for the stealing off the internet...for the people who claim it's wrong..do you download music, movies, even watching cable tv shows off the net? What 'bout using "bugmenot.com" to get into on online newspapers?

Don't be hypocritical. Someone sent it to me. Now that I have the copy, real or not, and if I enjoy it I will probably look into more of king yao's future works and keep up with what he says.

Leavenfish 09-10-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And for the stealing off the internet...for the people who claim it's wrong..do you

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn...that's deflection if not 'justification'.

[ QUOTE ]

Now that I have the copy, real or not, and if I enjoy it I will probably look into more of king yao's future works and keep up with what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or...essentially 'steal' it off the internet if given the opportunity?

---Leavenfish

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH 09-10-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And for the stealing off the internet...for the people who claim it's wrong..do you

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn...that's deflection if not 'justification'.

[ QUOTE ]

Now that I have the copy, real or not, and if I enjoy it I will probably look into more of king yao's future works and keep up with what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or...essentially 'steal' it off the internet if given the opportunity?

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

is everyone here up on their high horse? When did you guys become the moral authority? I'm not fuucking justifying my actions. I am questioning you guys for questioning me. If you guys download music, movies, etc., why the hell are you guys getting in my grill. And also:
1) I don't think it's the actual print edition...it's the draft so get out of my assshole
2) Get off your high horse..every two plus two f*ck needs to step down a couple of notches. If you guys are all goddamn saints, then stop playing poker and go be a priest you self-righteous f*cks.
3) If you guys already are priests, then stop molesting school boys and sucking King yao's diick.

Thank you.

Aceshigh7 09-10-2005 05:41 PM

I think it's ridiculous how everyone is ragging on you. Hold'em Brain was freely distributed. From reading your original post it was pretty clear (to me at least) that's what you had. Then all these people come on here and try to make this thread into an antipiracy diatribe. Pretty silly really. Alot of these people need to grow up and get a life.