Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   French fries and salt. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365249)

Patrick del Poker Grande 10-25-2005 04:06 PM

Re: French fries and salt.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else dip their fries in mayo? mmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I'm not a canuck.

trying2learn 10-25-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone with your avatar should be more intelligent than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that I'm just being a polltard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Blarg 10-25-2005 04:06 PM

No, but I never do. Salt and sugar are the two instinctive favorite tastes that humans like, so most people will like them even in extremely high amounts on almost any dish and think it tastes better. Even if it basically obliterates the taste of the dish entirely. We like what we like. And that's salt and sugar.

But many foods taste fine on their own. Potatoes can be dull, especially if they're cold. Cold french fries definitely taste better salted. But hot fries, especially good steak fries, taste fine without salt. I usually try to eat less salt and less sugar in every dish to see if I can discover what it really tastes like and learn to appreciate it, instead of nuking the taste with salt or sugar. One of the main reasons salt or sugar seem wanted and needed in every dish by people is because they become habituated to it, and can't really taste food properly anymore. Drop the habit and you won't find food lacking as much anymore, as you'll learn to really taste and appreciate it as it is. Things will begin to taste better.

Saddlepoint 10-25-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a moron and voted yes please post your reasons why.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY'RE DEEP FRIED. They always very salty to begin with. You want more flavor, there's ketchup.

How long have I been this out of sync with the rest of the world?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to think since Loveless came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really have to bring Loveless into this?

istewart 10-25-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Saddlepoint 10-25-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY'RE DEEP FRIED.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that have to do with salt?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're mutually exclusive.

CrazyEyez 10-25-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but I never do. Salt and sugar are the two instinctive favorite tastes that humans like, so most people will like them even in extremely high amounts on almost any dish and think it tastes better. Even if it basically obliterates the taste of the dish entirely. We like what we like. And that's salt and sugar.

But many foods taste fine on their own. Potatoes can be dull, especially if they're cold. Cold french fries definitely taste better salted. But hot fries, especially good steak fries, taste fine without salt. I usually try to eat less salt and less sugar in every dish to see if I can discover what it really tastes like and learn to appreciate it, instead of nuking the taste with salt or sugar. One of the main reasons salt or sugar seem wanted and needed in every dish by people is because they become habituated to it, and can't really taste food properly anymore. Drop the habit and you won't find food lacking as much anymore, as you'll learn to really taste and appreciate it as it is. Things will begin to taste better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food snob.

http://www.gastromancer.com/sitebuil...05-265x195.jpg

Isura 10-25-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
French fries might be the only thing I put salt on.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

stabn 10-25-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY'RE DEEP FRIED.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that have to do with salt?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're mutually exclusive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so you were just playing with us. Ha ha nice joke.

10-25-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayo and ketchup together. Also creamy horseradish, yum.