Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   OK Computer (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373097)

scrub 11-06-2005 10:37 PM

Re: OK Computer

The fact that "Fitter Happier" has a vote is sad.

scrub

whiskeytown 11-06-2005 10:47 PM

I used to write quips of that on a whiteboard in our office in 1999 when I was an NT/Windows 2000 consultant...

I was axed in layoffs months later with a bunch of other people - to be fair, we were losing money, but people who played the system stuck around...

But I'm still happy I wrote it..

RB

11-06-2005 11:37 PM

Good poll. People who like Radiohead should definitely check out Brad Mehldau's recordings of several of their songs - Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Knives Out (especially this one!!! from Day is Done). I don't know how easy it is for people these days to find free music, but this is all available on Napster, 30 second samples for free, or a buck a track, or $10 per month to RENT music (or keep it if you're clever) as long as you subscribe. Anyway, definitely check it out.

11-06-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe nobody mentioned Exit Music. I chose exit music/paranoid android/lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that funny, I chose the same three.

Claunchy 11-07-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pick your three favorite songs off of Radiohead's OK Computer.

Mine are Let Down, Karma Police and Climbing Up the Walls.

[/ QUOTE ]

People really don't like Subterreanean Hoemsick Alien? That song cuts right to the center of Radiohead's main themes.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, Subterranean Homesick Alien is easily my favorite song on the album.

gumpzilla 11-07-2005 12:13 AM

I picked Exit Music/No Surprises/Airbag.

EDIT: I don't get the Electioneering love. I used to have my CD player programmed to skip it. And I would actually listen to Fitter Happier. I don't think it fits on this album at all.

DougOzzzz 11-07-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good poll. People who like Radiohead should definitely check out Brad Mehldau's recordings of several of their songs - Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Knives Out (especially this one!!! from Day is Done). I don't know how easy it is for people these days to find free music, but this is all available on Napster, 30 second samples for free, or a buck a track, or $10 per month to RENT music (or keep it if you're clever) as long as you subscribe. Anyway, definitely check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mehldau rocks. We went to high school together (though he was 2 years ahead of me and I didn't know him then).

fluxrad 11-07-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For all the people who were able to answer this poll (people who have listened to OK Computer at least a few times), what albums do you like better than OK Computer? Not just Radiohead albums, any albums.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are few.

Albums I like better than OK Computer (In no particular order):

The White Album - The Beatles
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain - Pavement
Wowee Zowee - Pavement
Nevermind - Nirvana (I haven't listened to this in way too long).

These are about it. The list probably changes a little from day to day.

Kyo Souma II 11-07-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pick your three favorite songs off of Radiohead's OK Computer.

Mine are Let Down, Karma Police and Climbing Up the Walls.

[/ QUOTE ]

People really don't like Subterreanean Hoemsick Alien? That song cuts right to the center of Radiohead's main themes.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, Subterranean Homesick Alien is easily my favorite song on the album.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a uniquely pretty, graceful song. I'm always surprised that most people either dislike it or ignore it.. :/

-kyo

w_alloy 11-07-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe nobody mentioned Exit Music. I chose exit music/paranoid android/lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that funny, I chose the same three.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was super super close.

Side note, why does everyone hate on amnesiac so much? I think if it was released before Kid A it would have a lot more fans. If Kid A was never released it would be considered a true classic imo. My favorite 3 albums ever are:

Kid A
Amnesiac
OK Computer

FWIW, I dont really consider Pablo Honey to be a Radiohead album. Its not a bad album, just...