Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   200/400 hand 1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339550)

Schneids 09-19-2005 03:11 AM

Re: 200/400 hand 1

If you're checkraising the turn it's for value. I dunno what you saw or think you saw JDags do but I'm almost certain he isn't folding pairs to you on this board.

NLSoldier 09-19-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like if you're going to be taking ace high to showdown with any frequency against him, then you might as well three-bet it, at least occasionally. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make any sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Build a bigger pot to make calling down more correct is what I guess he's saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement is a huge logical fallacy....

do you pump your gutshots on the flop so that you can call on the turn??????

[/ QUOTE ]

barron vangor tooth does, even preflop...

Victor 09-19-2005 03:20 AM

a recent post

this has been proven many times before. it should not be hard to grasp (my sat scores were fairly low.)

Justin A 09-19-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a recent post

this has been proven many times before. it should not be hard to grasp (my sat scores were fairly low.)

[/ QUOTE ]

NLSoldier's post was a joke based on Barron's article in the 2+2 magazine.

NLSoldier 09-19-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a recent post

[/ QUOTE ]

dude I was agreeing with you and making fun of barron. (maybe you didnt see this article )

thanks for the link though, I never saw the end of that thread.

imitation 09-19-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really Chris? Because I think this leaves me vulnerable to be value bet by a better hand and gives me no chance to fold that same better hand. On a board like this I think it's highly plausible he folds a pair with a spade(if no spade comes on the river), MAYBE a king(he has definitely folded top pair during this session to a player with an image similar to mine). I dunno, I think it's close between cr and check call.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be really how high limit "good" players play in blind battles.....I think this hand you should be CRing for value on the turn or calling down otherwise, or is the A-h calldown no good at these limits?

TheWorstPlayer 09-19-2005 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a2 has a significant amount of showdown value....

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't saying anything about pumping the pot. I was saying that if A2 has 'significant' showdown value then it means that it does well against his hand range here. So why not 3-bet for value? I.e. the same reason why you 3-bet AK here.

DcifrThs 09-19-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all, since I basically just doubled the amount of live hours I've put in during the past 2 weeks I figured I'd post a few hands and see if you all think I'm adjusting okay. So here's hand 1 -

John D'agostino or whatever his last name is raises in the cutoff and I defend Ah2d so we take a headsup flop. The flop is Ks7s7d. I check, he bets, I call.

The turn is a 2s. I check. Thoughts?
-James

EDIT: I was planning to check-raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet the turn james.

if you check and a spade comes bet.

if you check and almost any other card comes after he checks behind bet for value.

if a lone ace falls id like to c'r but i think either a bet or check call is best

if you decided to bet the turn instead, call down a raise and river bet.

A2 here now has a good deal of showdown value. get there.

at this limit i think its hard for people to find folds on boards like that with any pair. period. so your check planning to raise i assume is plan to charge him 2 bets for his flush draw and then check the end and let him bluff b/c after the turn c'r he folds nothing you beat and calls with nothing you beat on the river but may bluff the hands he'd call the turn c'r with.

-Barron

ISF 09-19-2005 10:00 AM

I am surprised no on donks this turn. That is my default in this situation. It looks fishy enough that A high will usually always call down, and Q8 or whatever doesnt get a free card. Unless you think fold a small pair to the turn CR I dont really get that line.

bicyclekick 09-19-2005 10:03 AM

I like a bet on the turn james.