Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   DON'T KILL TOOKIE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397188)

Mens Rea 12-12-2005 11:44 PM

Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

Well, that's gotta be the most assinine statement I've read today.

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does this mean? Am I indirectly responsible for millions of deaths because I am a supporter of America? I guess this means every person on the planet (cept for the swizz maybe) should be put to death for their "crimes"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would respond, but I don't think it's ethical to argue with the mentally impaired.

12-13-2005 01:24 AM

So, for those of you who are misinformed in reference to the murders Tookie is indirectly responsible for; what about Hitler? He didin't kill Jews personally, yet he is responsible fore the death of millions. The principle remains. Tookie is guilty. If, and only if, he took a life should he be executed. Being an accomplice should bring him life imprisonment; no parole. Some say, "Tookie wrote books for teen violence prevention; that's well and good, however, he committed a CRIME! He should pay!

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does this mean? Am I indirectly responsible for millions of deaths because I am a supporter of America? I guess this means every person on the planet (cept for the swizz maybe) should be put to death for their "crimes"

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the 'swizz' use their banking system to launder Nazi gold? No pass for them either.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 03:31 AM

T-minus 32 minutes and counting......

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't know what this threads about, but I'm guessing some murderous scum is up for a death sentence."

Correct. Tookie Williams is the co-founder of the Crips, one of the largest gangs in the US. Besides the people he killed, he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that were simply the case, then this wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. The problem is that while in prison, Tookie has reformed and devoted his life to speaking out against gang violence. Since his work has been very good and very effective, many people feel that he's better off alive and working to end gang violence than dead.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 04:39 AM

Local Sacramento TV reports that Tookie is confirmed dead at 00:35 PST.

Hasta la vista, bitch.

Blarg 12-13-2005 04:40 AM

Yay he's dead!

Good riddance.

Children's books my ass.

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yay he's dead!

Good riddance.

Children's books my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that he was far from a saint, but just out of curiosity, what do you care whether he's dead or rotting in jail?

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 04:53 AM

I am a California taxpayer, and I don't care to subsidize one more day of food for him.