Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   It should be an interesting final table for TV (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399365)

12-16-2005 03:54 PM

Re: It should be an interesting final table for TV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What made Doyle change his mind to play AQ nowadays? I've seen him play it a lot lately, but it used to be a hand he would never play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason smacked some sense into him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should smack some sense into Laak. His playing to the cameras is funny in small doses, but quickly gets tiresome.

Fallen Hero 12-16-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WPT knows people are tired of broadcasts with 6 amateurs. If they have pros, even internet pros at the final table why would they downplay it? I think Giga and IKU should get recognition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but that's not what they've done in the past

Kyo Souma II 12-16-2005 05:05 PM

You're all forgetting that the WPT really isn't poker, so anything the commentators say can be entirely ignored.

ZeeJustin 12-16-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're all forgetting that the WPT really isn't poker, so anything the commentators say can be entirely ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people, pro’s even, won’t play no limit. They can’t handle the swings. But there are others, like Doyle Brunson, who consider no limit the only pure game left.

UMTerp 12-16-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're referring to the huge blinds a lot of the WPT events have at the final table, this one should be a little different - the players have anywhere from 30 to 60 BBs, depending on their stack, and there are no real short stacks at the table. Should be a decent amount of play (relatively speaking) for a WPT Final table, at least initially. I'm not sure who this really benefits though, and all six competitors appear to be very good tourney players, at least from my limited knowledge about them.

Ulysses 12-16-2005 05:43 PM

Zee,

No limit Texas Hold Em is the Cadillac of poker. Doyle Brunson says the key to no limit is to put a player to a decision for all his chips.

betgo 12-22-2005 10:41 AM

I think it should make great TV. You have the drama of Brunson playing the two young Internet stars. You have Laak in his unabomber costume. You have a woman and two Europeans. Plus they are all real strong players.

12-22-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it should make great TV. You have the drama of Brunson playing the two young Internet stars. You have Laak in his unabomber costume. You have a woman and two Europeans. Plus they are all real strong players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those six in a structure allowing for postflop play would've been great TV.