Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Wesley Clark Gaining Popularity with the Left? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296858)

Matty 07-21-2005 05:36 AM

Re: Wesley Clark Gaining Popularity with the Left?

[ QUOTE ]
Wesley Clark has a much better chance of being elected president than does Hillary Clinton.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm pretty sure I said the same thing, but Hillary is the heavy favorite to win the nomination.

Matty 07-21-2005 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
John Edwards is a tremendous campaigner. He has huge personal energy and appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]Edwards reputation during the 2004 campaign was that he was bad on the stump and wasn't much more than a good looking guy with a nice hairdo (IOW, he had no cache)

[/ QUOTE ]This is pretty much the opposite of the truth. lehighguy is right, we should have nominated him.

AngryCola 07-21-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wesley Clark has a much better chance of being elected president than does Hillary Clinton.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm pretty sure I said the same thing, but Hillary is the heavy favorite to win the nomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting you were saying that.
I was just adding my comment to the thread.

The Democrats should get behind someone with an actual chance.

I firmly believe there will be a female president within my lifetime, but it will not be her. A former president's wife will never be viewed the same way as a woman who made her own name.

Matty 07-21-2005 06:01 AM

I agree with your post except for the end. I think Hil has a 50% chance of getting the nomination, and about a 50% chance of winning the general election as well.

Also, the overwhelming majority of women in high places of power during the past couple centuries got there by being associated with a powerful man. From Ghandi to Dole to Hillary, to many others that I read about in some sociology or political science textbook that I forgot about.

AngryCola 07-21-2005 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the overwhelming majority of women in high places of power during the past couple centuries got there by being associated with a powerful man. From Ghandi to Dole to Hillary, to many others that I read about in some sociology or political science textbook that I forgot about.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but you're in murky waters when dealing with this issue in the U.S. Presidential Election. I just have a feeling the voting public of this country will never be able to accept Hillary in the role of president. Still, that's obviously just speculation on my part.

I would guess she has about a 35% chance of winning the nomination and a 5% chance of winning the general election.

Matty 07-21-2005 06:20 AM

So you'd give me 10-1 odds that Hill is our next Prez? =D

AngryCola 07-21-2005 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you'd give me 10-1 odds that Hill is our next Prez? =D

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the amount was reasonable for a far from wealthy man, yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Matty 07-21-2005 06:31 AM

10 from me, 100 from you?

AngryCola 07-21-2005 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10 from me, 100 from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to remember this (I probably wont) once it gets a bit closer to the election.
Let's at least wait until 2006!
I would give you the same odds.

Matty 07-21-2005 06:41 AM

If I bookmark the page will the url always take me here?