Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Screw SSHE, I want to fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285236)

mmbt0ne 07-03-2005 01:36 AM

Re: Screw SSHE, I want to fold

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
do you really need a reason better than "you only need to be good here 6% of the time" when we are talking about 1/2 6m? sometimes people try to pull some crazy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do. That's why I have stats and whatnot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

albedoa 07-03-2005 01:39 AM

Maybe you're relying too heavily on stats.

Also, K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] has stuck out in my mind as a possibility. Preflop makes just some sense, but the flop and turn fit perfectly.

pryor15 07-03-2005 01:39 AM

i meant a flush like KhQh or maybe AsJs are reasonable 3-bets pre-flop (maybe not the best 3-bet, but it wouldn't shock me) and they certainly make sense from there on.

ALawPoker 07-03-2005 01:40 AM

I think the chance that he has a flush is well over 6% by itself. Also, it's 1-2, it's not impossible that he has nothing more than trip aces. You have to call here.

NAU_Player 07-03-2005 01:40 AM

I think the consensus is (or will/should be) that you are screwed here more often than not, but in a pot like this you have to call. I can't see him not turning over AA, QQ, or AQ in ANY situation, much less 6 times in 100. However, you've come this far and committed yourself to a SD by your turn play. Even if the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't come, you admit that you are only ahead of 1 hand he plays like that...

Personally I would have slowed way the F- down on the turn given his play in relation to his stats, but that's me.

mmbt0ne 07-03-2005 01:42 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I think the consensus is (or will/should be) that you are screwed here more often than not, but in a pot like this you have to call. I can't see him not turning over AA, QQ, or AQ in ANY situation, much less 6 times in 100. However, you've come this far and committed yourself to a SD by your turn play. Even if the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't come, you admit that you are only ahead of 1 hand he plays like that...

Personally I would have slowed way the F- down on the turn given his play in relation to his stats, but that's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good post all around.

eagletmr 07-03-2005 01:43 AM

my thoughts exactly

ALawPoker 07-03-2005 01:43 AM

Oops, pardon my reply. I'm new to this forum and unfamiliar with the format, I thought I was the first reply when in reality I was just restating something that has probably already been said 5 times. Peace.

mmbt0ne 07-03-2005 01:49 AM

No, don't say that. Respond all the time, regardless of whether or not people have already said something. You will learn more by responding to posts than you ever will by starting your own threads, or only responding to threads first.

Welcome to the forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

hicherbie 07-03-2005 01:54 AM

heh, well. most of us will agree. even without stats, given the action, you will be beat a majority of the time. but you only need to win 6/100 times. you cant be THAT sure youre toast when its HU.