Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dear, Would You Save Me The Last Bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364735)

CarlosChadha 10-25-2005 12:20 PM

Re: Dear, Would You Save Me The Last Bet?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm beginning to believe I should have check-called sixth, check-folded fifth. So I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one has suggested folding 5th...you have a decent draw and your opponent just bricked, so a bet is mandetory...hopefully you were joking;-)

BeerMoney 10-25-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm beginning to believe I should have check-called sixth, check-folded fifth. So I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one has suggested folding 5th...you have a decent draw and your opponent just bricked, so a bet is mandetory...hopefully you were joking;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully it was a typo.. I think he means check-folded 7th.

Jeffage 10-25-2005 12:23 PM

You might want to check out the "Paradox" thread btw. I wrote it for you. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff

Jeffage 10-25-2005 12:24 PM

I meant check-fold the river. Multitasking blows.

Jeff

CarlosChadha 10-25-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multitasking blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

And apparently so does Mike Emery...

jon_1van 10-25-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nevermind about my 4th street dribble. I ran some sims. I'm surprised the 4 flush is as far ahead (on 4th) as it is

anywhere from 56-44 to 60-40 depending on holding of opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you suprised...I told you this last Friday!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I have a book called "Poker Wisdom Of a Champion" by Doyle Brunson. (An entertaining read, full of interesting stories and how they may or maynot have some kind of "moral")

In this book there is a hand example where the author is playing heads up stud with a complete nut job. On 4th Doyle has Aces and the nut has an obvious 4-flush. They go something like 13 bets (or some rediculous amount). The flush wins. Then it goes on to say "I knew my AA was a slight favorite over the 4-flush" so I went to the felt.

At the time I remember thinking "that seems strange" but I assumed because it was in a book it was right. I also thought it was retarded to go that many bets incase the opponent was rolled.

The book says basically :: If you have a big edge over an opponent don't give him a shot to bust you if you can widdle him away bit by bit (ie denying him a chance to bust you in 1 lucky shot)

I had always used this as my basis for grading 4-flushes. "4-flushes are about even with pairs".

I'm a moran for taking this long to realize this.

MRBAA 10-25-2005 01:15 PM

I played in a 10-20 live game where two players went 11 bets on fourth with a four flush and aces, respectively. Personally, I like to leave myself a little more wiggle room if things get ugly later in the hand.

blumpkin22 10-25-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roland 10-25-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Mac 10-25-2005 02:53 PM

As you bet 6th, I think the river bet is ok. I'd probably be in check-call mode by 6th. A raise by villain on 6th would make me absolutely sick. Keep postin' hands, I love the activity the Stud board gets these days.

- MAC