Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   QQ vs Zeejustin - 2nd hand of Party Super Tuesday (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321502)

mcteecho 08-25-2005 01:58 AM

Re: QQ vs Zeejustin - 2nd hand of Party Super Tuesday

Why can't ZJ be running a standard squeeze play?

stevepa 08-25-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a push, good fold equity and you could get a call from utg with a lower pair as its party [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I pushed I was kind of hoping ZJ would fold and UTG would call with his AJ or 66 or whatever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve

08-25-2005 02:14 AM

I agree with DonButtons here and just calling.

Folding (short of some sort insane read) I don't think really comes into question.

As for pushing, I don't think it's a good move. You have an under the gun raise, so the button knows there is some strength here, so reraising in my mind represents a very strong hand.

Then there is also the fact that it is the second hand of the tournament (from my understanding), so if you push I can only imagine you encountering AA, KK, QQ or MAYBE AK (if you're dealing with a big gambler). So you have two situations where you're dominated, one where it's a race, and another where it's probably going to be a split.

Again, I agree with DonButtons, call and hope for a nice flop with a Q. If the flop comes all rags, things are probably going to get even more interesting...

adanthar 08-25-2005 02:22 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Saw this coming a mile away. QQ early in tourney is a 'piece of cheese' (T.J) against a raise like that coming from a solid player. Too much wishful thinking in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the second hand of the tournament, ZeeJustin isn't running a squeeze play against two random idiots and this is the easiest call preflop/check/fold flop ever. Wishful thinking doesn't begin to cover it.

daryn 08-25-2005 02:30 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pushed, ZJ called after a couple seconds and his aces held up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the AA slowroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no problem with it, there was another guy still to act so he may be trying to convince him to call too.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

or he was 22-tabling.

ansky451 08-25-2005 02:40 AM

Uh, since when does a "good aggressive player" reraise AJ to an utg raise and call? He has a very strong hand here every time I think, and I like calling and taking a flop, and deciding where to go from there. If it comes 3 rags and he puts in a big bet, just fold. If you think it is a weak cont. bet from AK, check raise all in-- although id need a pretty strong read on his bet size to make that decision. Usually I'm just check/folding here. If you flop a set, well... thats a no brainer.

stevepa 08-25-2005 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, since when does a "good aggressive player" reraise AJ to an utg raise and call? He has a very strong hand here every time I think, and I like calling and taking a flop, and deciding where to go from there. If it comes 3 rags and he puts in a big bet, just fold. If you think it is a weak cont. bet from AK, check raise all in-- although id need a pretty strong read on his bet size to make that decision. Usually I'm just check/folding here. If you flop a set, well... thats a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice, I'm beginning to come around to just calling with the intention of not committing many (if any) more chips unless I flop a set.

Just to clarify, the AJ comment was talking about the UTG player, who I wasn't worried about at all...At the time, I thought ZJ's range was probably something along the lines of AA-JJ, AK and maybe TT or AQ. In retrospect, this might have been somewhat wishful thinkinig.

Steve