Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should BK hire Tommy Angelo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338376)

BarronVangorToth 10-27-2005 08:59 PM

Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
I take it that means you decline the wager?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. I have replied to your boy in private email so as not to clutter this board with your nonsense further.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

astroglide 10-27-2005 09:16 PM

you are a piece of work, man

PokerPrince 10-27-2005 10:15 PM

You're a pugnacious little fellow aren't you? I must know, were you maybe not considered cool in high school so you gotta be the alpha male of the poker forums?

NLSoldier 10-27-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That article was nothing compared to the one he wrote the month before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither compares to November's.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

they are publishing another one [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

DMBFan23 10-28-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on the second, perhaps, but it's statistically very unlikely

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's "very unlikely" please let me know what odds you're willing to give me on a $25,000 wager.

[ QUOTE ]
and you have zero shot on the third, so don't even (further) embarrass yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a true piece of work. But I'm going to ignore this silliness and stick to that which can be quantified.

What odds will you give me on the wager?

Feel free to propose replacing "IQ test" with any form of standardized testing having to do with logic, intelligence, reasoning, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

SWEET!!! way to put your money where your mouth is

I've noticed for all the "double D" bashing he does he seems to target mostly daryn with his replies and quips.

DavidC 10-28-2005 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who makes more $$ playing poker? You I'm sure. You don't take business advice from people who are less successful than yourself.. common sense... You should charge him if you had a trade...

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, I'm having a problem refraining from calling people who say stuff like this morons, is that bad?

I mean, over the internet it shouldn't bother me...

Meh, I'll post about it in psych.

--Dave.

Basically, dude, it's not about who makes more, it's about who earns a higher bb/100 vs tougher opponents. I don't know much about how these guys would compare in that regard, but that's the basis of the evaluation (as well as how effectively Tommy can teach).

In conclusion, Moron! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

(fwiw, you probably are better than me at poker, and you could have been dead tired when you rwote this, so I hope you get a chuckle out of this, as I'm not really 100% committed to the idea of you being a moron...)

Edit: ... Hmm... I'm looking at this a little oddly. I guess the correct way of looking at it is "Will I make more money?" But I like my way better, because being awesome at poker is a nice feeling.

BarronVangorToth 10-28-2005 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've noticed for all the "double D" bashing he does he seems to target mostly daryn with his replies and quips.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D fell by the wayside weeks ago and tagged out in the main thread where this all began. He still pops up from time to time and Whack-a-Mole ensues.

But on topic, as I said I would remain, I'm surprised that, to my knowledge, no one has mentioned Dr. Al's fine article in the current CardPlayer, dealing with precisely this topic.

As one of those who hasn't met Tommy but only has read what he writes here and on his site, doesn't that all seem like things he's qualified for...?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

mplspoker 10-28-2005 10:53 AM

Maybe i am missing something here, but I just dont' understand why if you making 3BB/100 in a live 30/60 game, but could make 1BB/100 Online and have 6 games running with probably 10x the cash/per that you would even contimplate the idea of playing live.. when it is your sole source of income... someone explain this to me???

Chris Daddy Cool 10-28-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe i am missing something here, but I just dont' understand why if you making 3BB/100 in a live 30/60 game, but could make 1BB/100 Online and have 6 games running with probably 10x the cash/per that you would even contimplate the idea of playing live.. when it is your sole source of income... someone explain this to me???

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the idea of sitting behind a computer all day bores the mind out of some people?

TaintedRogue 10-28-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be worth my time/effort/5k/lost short term EV to hire Tommy Angelo?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of successful players right here on 2+2. I think you could accomplish just as much, by scheduling a meeting of 3-5 players in Vegas for a week to share ideas for a lot less than $5,000.00.