Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! * (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352402)

nolanfan34 10-07-2005 05:52 PM

Re: In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! *

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to understand in the very depths of your soul that your wife is hot.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

Ulysses 10-07-2005 06:49 PM

Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

The Yugoslavian 10-07-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Were is this? I may have to try it next Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the one near the Spectrum in Irvine (where I work). While I got fish tacos, don't be fooled into thinking that it is like Wahoo's....they are pretty different IMO and I like both quite a bit for different reasons. Wahoo's is typically even better for sightseeing being next to the parking lot in the Spectrum.

Here are Arriba Baja Grill locations:

http://www.arribabajagrill.com/contact.html

And their menu:
http://www.arribabajagrill.com/menu.html
(although sweet corn cake and grilled cebollita do not appear on the combo meal IRL...apparently it's just a figment of their online menu)

I agree that the Yardhouse has a pretty daunting selection, but this becomes a plus when your waitress is cute and you are a loquacious fellow. Everything I've ever eaten there has ranged from solid to very solid so yeah, I like it, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Possibly my favorite lunch place is Pei Wei though, I think I'm simply addicted, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

PITTM 10-07-2005 09:22 PM

no grade for me? i think i made the westcoast deadline did i not?

rj

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The standard Friday lunch at DQ (the owners are very good friends of mine)

Deluxe Double Cheeseburger
Fries (I received a large serving at no extra cost today)
Pepsi
Chocolate Sundae

$7.00 cdn

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, i didn't want to bump this thread, but I missed a ton.

Awesome lunch. $4 US

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's double with cheese, extra onions. No fries, no drink. $3.91. It was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

$3.00 Get the value meal next time. Good job on the extra onions.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went with 3 friends at work to Arriba Baja Grill.

I ate marinated Mahi Mahi in crispy flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I had black beans and mexican rice on the side, ice water with lemon to drink. The salsas that I used were fire roasted medium salsa and guacamole salsa in a 1 to 2 ratio.

While eating no less than 7 honeys walked by.

3 blondes, one with big fake breasts and a bit of an OC sneer to her, one very fit, thin blonde wearing a cute skirt and quite tan and the other with very nice breasts that could be real, a pleasant smile and nice, tight fitting jeans.

1 redhead and 1 brunette passed by, both tall with a thin, corporate look about them but finely featured faces.

Lastly an asian chick walked by who was very fashionable (white thin sweater exposing her neck perfectly, and 3/4 pants or whatever with some sort of ankle bracelet, and had the cutest face of all 7 women and was in an easily viewable line for our viewing pleasure....

I give the overall lunch experience an 8/10 (we had to park in a spot that wasn't ideal - otherwise 8.5 easy). I am more than ready for the rest of my work day.

$5.87

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Great report. $5

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to understand in the very depths of your soul that your wife is hot.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound great; Full Price!

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect lunch. Full purchase price.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from taqueria santa cruz:

2 carnitas soft tacos $3.19
plate of rice and beans $2.89
corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]