Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402887)

SomethingClever 12-21-2005 05:31 PM

Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know i mentioned morroco and spanish food!!!!!!!

And chutney!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah...

um.... LEARN TO DRIVE!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that anyone who's old, foreign or a woman needs to LEARN TO DRIVE, I believe KKF is a white guy from the USA.

I may be wrong...?

crosse91 12-21-2005 05:33 PM

HEY! i like donuts too.....
you like donuts!
we should be good american buddies, wanna get some coffee?

DMBFan23 12-21-2005 05:33 PM

Kane,

I'll go down the list here, you make some good points but you're kind of bigoted in spots.

Americans are, on the whole, overweight. Fast food plus no exercise will do that. I love the occasional spicy chicken sangwich, but I also play a shitload of ultimate frisbee and I lift, so I can afford to pig every now and then.

I agree regarding ethnic cooking, eating just american food would get boring. who doesn't like to switch things up?

re: the way we talk, I would agree regarding grammar. regarding dialect, [censored] you.

Women should exercise just like men, I agree. health benefits, you feel better, have more energy, look better. However, I think they should be able to go without makeup if the damn well feel like it. women are beautiful creatures.

I love my soda. it's just so delicious. however, I dig the H2O too. unlike most old western flicks, this town is, in fact, big enough for the two of them. moderation, moderation, moderation.

about God and Christianity, um blow me? I will talk about whatever the hell I want short of yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you are free to do the same. I won't make you or your children worship or even acknowledge him, but if someone wants to thank their higher power for something just live and let live. IMO. At least be systematic and restrict people from talking about Buddha, Allah, etc. Why pick on Christians?

re: going to another country and taking notes, I agree people would benefit greatly from experiencing different cultures, but not because america's system is totally [censored]. I think it's all about variety.

Blarg 12-21-2005 05:34 PM

You're right that Americans are fat blobs and it's only getting rapidly worse.

You're also right about the almost bizarre lack of spices in American food. If you're not eating barbecue, there's almost no spice at all, unless you count salt and pepper. Salt we got. Oh boy do we got salt.

The taste of the average joe is extremely degraded and comes down to largely salt and sugar. These are the basic tastes we're genetically keyed for, so there's nothing unnatural about it. But it's boring as hell and can overwhelm all other tastes into the same ole gray ole nothing.

KaneKungFu123 12-21-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that Americans are fat blobs and it's only getting rapidly worse.

You're also right about the almost bizarre lack of spices in American food. If you're not eating barbecue, there's almost no spice at all, unless you count salt and pepper. Salt we got. Oh boy do we got salt.

The taste of the average joe is extremely degraded and comes down to largely salt and sugar. These are the basic tastes we're genetically keyed for, so there's nothing unnatural about it. But it's boring as hell and can overwhelm all other tastes into the same ole gray ole nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, Blarg. Bizarre, being the best way to describe it.

KaneKungFu123 12-21-2005 05:40 PM

I was half joking about the accents. Some southern chicks(the 5% without multichildren by 22) have sexy accents. Also, Good Will Hunting was the nutz.

Sponger15SB 12-21-2005 05:45 PM

Kane,

you are one of the biggest low lifes on this forum, so I find this whole post laughable.

Reqtech 12-21-2005 05:50 PM

Sorry you have to come back to America for the holidays. Hopefully you won't miss the child prostitution too much while you're away from Thailand.

DMBFan23 12-21-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was half joking about the accents. Some southern chicks(the 5% without multichildren by 22) have sexy accents. Also, Good Will Hunting was the nutz.

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing I will give you is that european chicks have AWESOME accents. not quite exotic, but a good french or german accent is unbelievably sexy. wow. not into the eastern accents as much but many people are so more power to em ya know?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 12-21-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry you have to come back to America for the holidays. Hopefully you won't miss the child prostitution too much while you're away from Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

pppwwnnend1!!1

mmbt0ne 12-21-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're also right about the almost bizarre lack of spices in American food. If you're not eating barbecue, there's almost no spice at all, unless you count salt and pepper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take you and KKF to New Orleans some time to eat with my friends.

Spladle Master 12-21-2005 05:53 PM

Hi Kane,

I want you to know that you are one of my heroes. No, really, look.

wdeadwyler 12-21-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane,

you are one of the biggest low lifes on this forum, so I find this whole post laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are also a tool for posting this. If you must really masturbate your ego I suggest posting your winrate or something. This is just laughable. You just made baby Jesus cry.

Sponger15SB 12-21-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kane,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are also a tool for posting this. If you must really masturbate your ego I suggest posting your winrate or something. This is just laughable. You just made baby Jesus cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg 12-21-2005 05:59 PM

This is Baby Jesus's mom. What the hell is going on around here?

wdeadwyler 12-21-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kane,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about Kane

Edit: And quoting you because I agree with you.

bdmcgraw 12-21-2005 06:12 PM

OP:

Living abroad for your first time unfortunately doesn't make you inherently superior to Americans. Plenty of people who live here have spent massive amounts of time out of the country. There are good and bad things about all countries. You are a tool. You will realize this when you grow up (hopefully).

Spladle Master 12-21-2005 06:13 PM

Don't listen to the haters, Kane. I still love you.

Haiku Answer 12-21-2005 06:17 PM

oh great kane kung fu
please bestow wisdom on us
blow it out your ass

http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/155391american.jpg

wdeadwyler 12-21-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP:

Living abroad for your first time unfortunately doesn't make you inherently superior to Americans. Plenty of people who live here have spent massive amounts of time out of the country. There are good and bad things about all countries. You are a tool. You will realize this when you grow up (hopefully).

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually have a special name for this, its like reinitiation anxiety or something, I was learning about it in my Study Abroad orientation.

Luv2DriveTT 12-21-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only rednecks eat ketchup and barbeque sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I put ketchup on my burger yesterday. Does this mean I have to start banging my sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not your fault that you use ketchup. It is all you were taught. Search the internet for a Spanish-American message board. Perhaps, establish a pen pal in Morroco. You will be surprised how many different spices and herbs and seasonings exist beyond the processed, disgusting, unhealthy, ones you find in a bottle at Walmart.

You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've got my afternoon snack in front of me:

http://home9.highway.ne.jp/tonbo/010...20Dscf0102.jpg

My Morrocan pen pal has advised me to flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, and chili pepper. Hopefully this will enable me to taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that looks good. I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Evan 12-21-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Not yet
2) Not Shake Shack

trevor 12-21-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since it all sucks, get the [censored] back out

[/ QUOTE ]

This works for me

jba 12-21-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane,

I'll go down the list here, you make some good points but you're kind of bigoted in spots.

Americans are, on the whole, overweight. Fast food plus no exercise will do that. I love the occasional spicy chicken sangwich, but I also play a shitload of ultimate frisbee and I lift, so I can afford to pig every now and then.

I agree regarding ethnic cooking, eating just american food would get boring. who doesn't like to switch things up?

re: the way we talk, I would agree regarding grammar. regarding dialect, [censored] you.

Women should exercise just like men, I agree. health benefits, you feel better, have more energy, look better. However, I think they should be able to go without makeup if the damn well feel like it. women are beautiful creatures.

I love my soda. it's just so delicious. however, I dig the H2O too. unlike most old western flicks, this town is, in fact, big enough for the two of them. moderation, moderation, moderation.

about God and Christianity, um blow me? I will talk about whatever the hell I want short of yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you are free to do the same. I won't make you or your children worship or even acknowledge him, but if someone wants to thank their higher power for something just live and let live. IMO. At least be systematic and restrict people from talking about Buddha, Allah, etc. Why pick on Christians?

re: going to another country and taking notes, I agree people would benefit greatly from experiencing different cultures, but not because america's system is totally [censored]. I think it's all about variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

DMB nails it

zephed 12-21-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only rednecks eat ketchup and barbeque sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I put ketchup on my burger yesterday. Does this mean I have to start banging my sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not your fault that you use ketchup. It is all you were taught. Search the internet for a Spanish-American message board. Perhaps, establish a pen pal in Morroco. You will be surprised how many different spices and herbs and seasonings exist beyond the processed, disgusting, unhealthy, ones you find in a bottle at Walmart.

You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've got my afternoon snack in front of me:

http://home9.highway.ne.jp/tonbo/010...20Dscf0102.jpg

My Morrocan pen pal has advised me to flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, and chili pepper. Hopefully this will enable me to taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that looks good. I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what a hamburger is all about.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7...t20logo3st.gif

Luv2DriveTT 12-21-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Not yet
2) Not Shake Shack

[/ QUOTE ]

Still looks good. Shake Shack meetup on x-mas eve?

sublime 12-21-2005 07:35 PM

awesome

sublime 12-21-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

um, no

Mr_J 12-21-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some Europeans enjoy a higher standard of living then Americans

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd change that to many, or most if you want to only count westerm europe.

KKFs post was fine. I think there's a good amount of american culture that the world could do without (I'm talking about fast food chains here).

Making hamburgers, tacos or pizzas yourself is MUCH healthier, and they taste better.

Exercising...get an exercise bike and use it when you're surfing the net or watching some tv. I find exercising really boring, but it's fine when you're doing something else. Also walk to the shops instead of driving. You'd be surprised good walking is for you. I do weights in front of t or with my hifi on.

Mr_J 12-21-2005 08:13 PM

Greatest country in the world??

Just out of interest, what do americans mean when they say this?

mason55 12-21-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me, I'm a smoker.

tdarko 12-21-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Detroit Airport I decided to play a game. I walked around and counted how many obesse women/not obesse. The results I came up with were as follows: 274 obesse/11 not obesse.

[/ QUOTE ]
i suggest worrying about yourself, especially in detroit. i agree we are fat as a country, this does not mean that we have some of the most beautiful people here. you walk through an airport in one of the worst cities in the world and you now judge an entire nation? thats ignorant.
[ QUOTE ]
Western food has no flavor, is unhealthy and is garabge

[/ QUOTE ]
i love thai food. i also have an affinity for many types of food, and i take care of myself. the key to being fitter/healthier isn't always what you eat but how much you eat and we as a nation just overconsume, but i don't worry about everyone else b/c there are too many people, i first worry about myself and make sure i am happy.
[ QUOTE ]
Something has to be done about the way you talk. Southern, Midwestern and Northeastern accents are very hard to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]
everytime i call Dell customer support my blood pressure tends to rise b/c of the Asian on the other end of the phone...it goes both ways, this is why we learn to live together something apparently you do not know how to do.
[ QUOTE ]
For the women out there. Not wearing makeup and letting yourself go is embarrasing. Whenever you leave your home, or wake up, you should make yourself as presentable as possible. You should eat healthy(as should men) and excerise. This will raise your confidence and make you more attractive. When you walk around in spandex pants and no make up staring at the ground with your sad foot steps - I dunno, I start wondering what happened to the American dream?

[/ QUOTE ]
for every women that you just described there is 100 in my neighborhood that wear Uggs in 110 degree weather in dallas with 4 grand tit jobs and enough makeup on to keep maybeleine in business. once again your sample size sucks.
[ QUOTE ]
There is something called water. You might have seen it fall from the sky once of twice, or in a bathtub. You can, infact, drink this. Yes, this is a revelation to you, I am sure, but there you dont have to put sugar into water for it to be a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct.
[ QUOTE ]
Christianity --- I wont even go there. Do me a favor though. Dont talk about God in public. Even mentioning God, just makes me want to kill a small animal. Dont say things like "Well, yall know God has his ways" or "Well, we just had to pray to God for his help and he made it all turn out right".

[/ QUOTE ]
this bothers me as well b/c there are some pushy people out there.

merry christmas (i refuse to be pc and say happy holidays) KKF and have a safe plane flight back.

~td

Los Feliz Slim 12-21-2005 08:41 PM

If everyone would just spend less time worrying about other people's business and more time on their own, the world would be a better place.

tdarko 12-21-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone would just spend less time worrying about other people's business and more time on their own, the world would be a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. that was basically the jist of my post. nobody is the same and no matter how many differences/problems he see's with America there are going to be twice as many everywhere else...he will grow up and realize how immature what he says is.

MelchyBeau 12-21-2005 08:44 PM

KKF,

You complain about americans and the use of white bread as filler, however you say we should try rice that is seasoned with something. Rice by itself is bland thus is it not also a filler.

Obviously your dad hit the wrong person with the baseball bat.

Melch

Cancuk 12-21-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no matter how many differences/problems he see's with America there are going to be twice as many everywhere else...he will grow up and realize how immature what he says is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Cancuk 12-21-2005 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once you leave the US after christmas, please, do not return. ever.

edit - you are a douche. i'm willing to bet that you had no friends in high school and you're an only child.

[/ QUOTE ]

smart.

Cancuk 12-21-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding me

tdarko 12-21-2005 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm ok. well a lot of what was said in the OP was wrong, no matter what country, continent or [censored] planet you are on just worry about yourself and make yourself happy.

there are problems everywhere and he may live somewhere that suits him just fine, i congratulate him. there are still problems there. everyone is always so quick to judge only what the see or read yet they don't realize there is no such thing as utopia. the only thing you can do is learn to live together.

Cancuk 12-21-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the problem my tone? Okay. I take it all back. Let me rephrase:

Hi Americans! How are you today? You have a lovely country! I heart Mickey Mouse!

Hey, is that a box of donuts you are eating by yourself? Wow! Those look yummy! Hey, how much do you weight? Only, 350lbs? Wow, you really dont show it!

Say, have you ever heard of chinesse rice soup? You can eat it for breakfast. You can flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, chilli pepper and anything else you like. And hey, why not try drinking water instead of Coke, atleast early in the morning!

[/ QUOTE ]

OP was way better. Your tone was fine. And I would like to point out that most of what you said goes for Canadians as well. The Christianity thing not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a higher standard of living, switching between us and Norway for the top two. We live longer, we kill WAY less, we excersise WAY more (less fat/obese). Actually, according to a study, American males are twice as obese as Canadian males, and American women are three times as Obese as Canadian women.

Just to let you know.