Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would you kill a man who's robbing you? (long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401229)

12-19-2005 11:48 AM

Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

I would never threaten to pull a gun. I would just pull it or not pull it. If I pull it, I will use it.

4_2_it 12-19-2005 11:48 AM

If some body's coming at me with a knife and wearing a bandanna and I've got a gun, just go ahead and call the meat wagon now because of us is going down and it's probably not going to be the guy with the gun unless the criminal pulls a Jedi mind trick and gets me to shoot myself.

Blarg 12-19-2005 11:50 AM

The scary thing about a knife is it could be both of you.

Knives are scary sh*t indeed.

InchoateHand 12-19-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If some body's coming at me with a knife and wearing a bandanna and I've got a gun, just go ahead and call the meat wagon now because of us is going down and it's probably not going to be the guy with the gun unless the criminal pulls a Jedi mind trick and gets me to shoot myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, long as he is coming at your from far, far away.

What does a bandana have to do with anything?

Do they actually have "meat wagons," or is that something you picked up from NYPD Blue...what The Shield...no CSI....Law and Order Special Victims Unit?

diebitter 12-19-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, [censored]-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. [censored] 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

12-19-2005 11:55 AM

i like antique long barreled shotguns even better, assuming they still work.

diebitter 12-19-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. They got range.

Blarg 12-19-2005 12:06 PM

I prefer an explosive harpoon gun myself, but very few people get robbed while whaling.

TimM 12-19-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm able to figure out who it was. Turns out it was my roommate's friend. He was at the apartment that night. We check the doors and find out that they are still locked. The [censored] locked the doors on his way out! But what's really trippy is that he was inside the entire time. He never left the party.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened after? Did you call the cops, and did they get him?

12-19-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer an explosive harpoon gun myself, but very few people get robbed while whaling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ye'd be surprised, matey. Me auld chum Queequeg could tell ye some stories. Arr!

4_2_it 12-19-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, long as he is coming at your from far, far away.

What does a bandana have to do with anything?

Do they actually have "meat wagons," or is that something you picked up from NYPD Blue...what The Shield...no CSI....Law and Order Special Victims Unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in your neighborhood guys walk around with bandannas over their faces carrying knives is common, but I have yet to encounter anyone coming to my house unannounced wearing that get up.

Being old, I haven't seen an episode of any of the shows you listed so I have no idea if they ever make reference to a meat wagon. First time I heard it was about 15 years ago from a cop friend of mine at the time.

If you are not willing to defend yourself that's fine and I can understand that you do not want to hurt your fellow man, but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting.

InchoateHand 12-19-2005 12:32 PM

" but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting."

I'm entirely comfortable criticizing "those of us who would rather go down fighting" when there are plenty of alternative scenarios, including nobody going down.

bwana devil 12-19-2005 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

except that this isnt a petty theft.

i just talked to an attorney i work w/ and described the scenario. he listed several felonies that the person could be charged w/. assault w/ a deadly weapon and burglary of a habitation were among the more severe charges.

PoBoy321 12-19-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over. "That's not a knife, this is a knife" I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sat1.de/imperia/md/images...t_Pictures.jpg

InchoateHand 12-19-2005 12:35 PM

Okay asshat, felonies were commited.

REALLY NO [censored] [censored] MORON, what do you think holding someone up with a knife is?

Glad you asked an attorney, since clearly you ARE TOTALLY [censored] STUPID.

What made you think I was concerned with legal definitions? Jesus Christ.

I think its pretty obvious that someone stealing a couple hundred dollars of consumer goods is just some [censored] moron desperate for a little cash. Why you had to talk to your lawyer colleague sounds like a personal problem, and I'm not interested in your personal problems.

4_2_it 12-19-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting."

I'm entirely comfortable criticizing "those of us who would rather go down fighting" when there are plenty of alternative scenarios, including nobody going down.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hard feelings, you can continue working out your various alternatives. I prefer having a single alternative when my life is threatened.

In these types of situations you have seconds to act and I prefer to not have to try to figure out what Mr Robber's true intentions are. To each his own.

bwana devil 12-19-2005 12:44 PM

hey [censored] - head, youre the one who came up w/ the brilliant post.

"Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way."

and yes, theft is a legal term that you didnt understand. if you dont understand then why use it? if you use and are corrected on it, why get angry?

then you gave us a vague stat. care to back this up? where did you find that people rarely injure someone who isnt resisting?

when i call you out your bad posts, dont get angry at me. just make better posts...[censored] face

bwana

12-19-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. They got range.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ladies, if you don't mind, back to a more important issue. We've only got two real guns . . . apparently that's what they are. We find a good place to hide next door. When it sounds like the right time, we jack in the box, look nasty and stuff, cocoon them in gaffer tape, then we nick their van and swap the gear into a new van and then bring it back here. As long as we are all out of our hiding places quickly, it's the last thing they'll expect. If diebitter and anyone else feels like kicking them around a bit I am sure it won't do any harm."

Great movie.

ScottieK

12-19-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, [censored]-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. [censored] 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'm not sure what I'm more worried about, diebitter...the job or your past."

ScottieK

InchoateHand 12-19-2005 12:54 PM

Wait, "theft" is a legal term?

Please continue this fascinating line of argumentation.

Way to continue missing the point...

Hey asshat, if you want a long-winded substantiated argument, don't come to OOT. But feel free to do you own research, or ask a Criminal Justice Colleague of yours who also happens to be standing around clarifying the obvious to explain that the vast majority of robbery and theft is non-violent...

Or you could just watch those after school specials.

[censored] moron.

jba 12-19-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay asshat, felonies were commited.

REALLY NO [censored] [censored] MORON, what do you think holding someone up with a knife is?

Glad you asked an attorney, since clearly you ARE TOTALLY [censored] STUPID.

What made you think I was concerned with legal definitions? Jesus Christ.

I think its pretty obvious that someone stealing a couple hundred dollars of consumer goods is just some [censored] moron desperate for a little cash. Why you had to talk to your lawyer colleague sounds like a personal problem, and I'm not interested in your personal problems.

[/ QUOTE ]\

hey bro you are totally in the wrong here. You miss the entire point of this thread when you call what the bitch in the OP did as "petty theft". There are miles of difference between stealing some video games and assault with a deadly weapon. Someone could steal my car or TV's or whatever the hell they want and I really don't care too much, but when you threaten someones life you have really stepped over a line.

Gunny Highway 12-19-2005 12:58 PM

He actually makes a good point. Clearly you weren't referring to a legal term. So what did you mean by "petty theft"?

In my view no theft is petty. And clearly any theft involving threatening me with bodily harm is not petty.

Feel free to call me an asshat as well since you seem to be really throwing that term around today. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

diebitter 12-19-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. They got range.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ladies, if you don't mind, back to a more important issue. We've only got two real guns . . . apparently that's what they are. We find a good place to hide next door. When it sounds like the right time, we jack in the box, look nasty and stuff, cocoon them in gaffer tape, then we nick their van and swap the gear into a new van and then bring it back here. As long as we are all out of our hiding places quickly, it's the last thing they'll expect. If diebitter and anyone else feels like kicking them around a bit I am sure it won't do any harm."

Great movie.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the street where the guys had their base (and Mad Dog next to em)... I used to work on that street in one of those big terraced mansions....

And those guys act/talk just like I do. I live in a different part of the UK now, but I remember one girl working in my team, saw it one night, and said to me in the morning "It was like watching a film full of yous!"

LOL!

bwana devil 12-19-2005 01:02 PM

yes there is a difference between theft and burglary. look it up sometime. you obviously didnt know that from your post. i hate teaching stupid people.

bwana

InchoateHand 12-19-2005 01:05 PM

Okay jackass, you are very bright. That is everywhere apparent...please pity poor poor stupid me...

I am in awe of your intelligence, evidence...oh wait, nowhere.

Gunny Highway 12-19-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you obviously didnt know that from your post. i hate teaching stupid people.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the fact that he isn't a lawyer probably reduces the chances he's stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

thatpfunk 12-19-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In my view no theft is petty. And clearly any theft involving threatening me with bodily harm is not petty.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty pathetic you would get that agitated over the theft of a few possessions. It's just stuff, it sucks, get over it.

SCfuji 12-19-2005 01:20 PM

id probably fire the gun at his feet to let him know im not [censored] around. then tell him to use my room phone to call the cops and tell them that he is trying to rob me and that i am pointing a gun at him (from a distance) of course.

Gunny Highway 12-19-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty pathetic you would get that agitated over the theft of a few possessions. It's just stuff, it sucks, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty pathetic that you're willing to let it happen and just accept it. I think it's pathetic that yours and other people's moral standards are so low that they don't even seem to view theft as really wrong. It's not just stuff. It's stuff I earned. My time and energy are precious to me, and I don't believe that some piece of trash has a right to it. I think it's pathetic that you have so little respect for yourself that you place so little value on your time and energy.

thatpfunk 12-19-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty pathetic that you're willing to let it happen and just accept it. I think it's pathetic that yours and other people's moral standards are so low that they don't even seem to view theft as really wrong. It's not just stuff. It's stuff I earned. My time and energy are precious to me, and I don't believe that some piece of trash has a right to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I (or anyone) say that it isn't wrong? Where did I state my moral standards? Your ability to read sucks.

I think your morals are [censored] up; you think ending someone's life is worth the $299 you spent on a [censored] Nintendo. Who [censored] cares? It's a stupid Nintendo. Find something else to do until you can buy another one.

But please, keep finding your personal worth and happiness in "stuff," I'll be enjoying my life, thanks.

networkman 12-19-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hot forensics lady: You shot his hand right off! Thats remarkable
Me: Inside?
Hot forensics lady: What?
Me: Yeah, Inside? what are you up to?
Hot forensics lady: Dont you have somewhere else to be, like, not here?
Me: ....Inside?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Gunny Highway 12-19-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did I (or anyone) say that it isn't wrong? Where did I state my moral standards? Your ability to read sucks.

I think your morals are [censored] up; you think ending someone's life is worth the $299 you spent on a [censored] Nintendo. Who [censored] cares? It's a stupid Nintendo. Find something else to do until you can buy another one.

But please, keep finding your personal worth and happiness in "stuff," I'll be enjoying my life, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read fine. Your view that it's just stuff, it sucks, get over implies that it's not really wrong. I'm pretty sure that if it were some one say, raping a five year old, your attitude would be different because you view that as morally wrong. Are you a thief by chance? Is that why you think it's fine for this sort of thing to go on and people should just ignore it? As I said, I view this "person" as no better than a cockroach. His life is valueless to me. He's a piece of trash that forfeited his right to live when he entered my bedroom in the middle of the night.

You're clearly the one with problems reading. As I said, it's not the stuff itself that matters, it's my time and energy that went into acquiring it. I really don't need a lot of "stuff" to get by. Look at it this way, by taking what I earned by my labor against my will, he is, in a sense making me a slave. There's no piece of paper saying I'm his, but if I have no rights to what I work for then that's what I am.

Blarg 12-19-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's really anybody who doesn't get agitated by having their stuff stolen, whether they get over it or not, which I'm sure they do.

And if you don't get agitated by having a knife pulled on you, well, I'm calling anyone on that one.

Sephus 12-19-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read fine. Your view that it's just stuff, it sucks, get over implies that it's not really wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you don't. no it doesn't. your post blows hardcore.

Gunny Highway 12-19-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read fine. Your view that it's just stuff, it sucks, get over implies that it's not really wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting your cute little opinions with no ideas at all to back them up. That's pretty much the epitome of blowage. If you're too stupid to actually debate your points, you really should just stay out of it.

Sephus 12-19-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting your cute little opinions with no ideas at all to back them up. That's pretty much the epitome of blowage. If you're too stupid to actually debate your points, you really should just stay out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre on a roll man.

thatpfunk 12-19-2005 02:02 PM

Blarg,
He gets SO agitated that no theft can be "petty" (key word in my sentence: that agitated).
I've had stuff stolen from me, the hassle sucks and I get pissed (emotional range- mildly annoyed findindg CDs or DVDs stolen to pissed for a day or two about car system being stolen). But it is still petty theft and in the long run, not a big deal; my life is still fine and dandy.

I never made a comment about armed robbery, that is a different story altogether.

12-19-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While not more than 5 or 10 mins later my bedroom light turns on and I turn over and see someone standing in front of my bathroom door wearing a bandana over his face. Not realizing what the hell is going on I say "What the [censored] are you doing?" It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point you don't know if this is armed robbery or he's going to SIIYP. I'd shoot him if possible.

Peter666 12-19-2005 02:05 PM

"id probably fire the gun at his feet to let him know im not [censored] around."

That's a good way to kill the neighbours in the apartment below you.

This is obviously a situation where deadly force is justified. Shoot the robber and keep shooting until he goes down. And do it fast or else you will be killed by the knife.

But now that you know who it is, it's payback time. I would stalk him and beat him with a small sledge hammer. Not to kill him, just to break the bones in his body, and then get your X BOX back.

thatpfunk 12-19-2005 02:09 PM

Gunny,
Congratulations, you are completely [censored] stupid! You cannot read! You are dense and ignorant! YAY!

You also have the maturity of a 4 year-old (that's mine, don't take it! wahhhhh! i'll kill you or call my mommy!).

My suggestion (If I were you, I'd listen up. I am above average intelligence. You, on the other hand, are not. I'm just trying to help you out.) is to leave the board now. Don't waste your time, you will inevitably be banned and are not bright enough to be a winning p*ker player anyhow.

Cheers!