Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   i hate baseball hats (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401056)

MrTrik 12-19-2005 09:30 PM

Re: i hate baseball hats

[ QUOTE ]
and those who wear them. so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your life must be pretty effing wonderful if you have time to worry about stuff like this. Congrats man, you've made it to some kind of wonderful place.

12-19-2005 09:34 PM

How about the morons that where them backwards when they fish. U suck stupid hypocrite.

sublime 12-19-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think baseball hats are very Drew Carey. And I hate Drew Carey. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about the morons who tilt the cap to the side? how would you define them?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would define them as morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think morons everywhere would be offended to have this kind of element associated with them. guys who cock their hats are beyond words...although cock fits nicely...

[/ QUOTE ]

you would love me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a cocked hat, and the brim is like warped.

djj6835 12-19-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean like CC Sabathia, Dontrelle Willis, Willie Harris, et al?

I think that is disrespectful to the game. It's very Ell*x P*wers-ish.

Do you hate guys who wear Jimmy-hats, too? Just curious

- A hat wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilting the hat a little bit actually makes sense if you have ever been a pitcer. Sometimes the hat can cause you to lose sight of the catcher's mit during portions of your delivery. Tilting the hat to the side a little will prevent this from happening.

YourFoxyGrandma 12-19-2005 10:01 PM

It seems to me that it's more the type of people that wear baseball hats than hats themselves that you have a problem with (especially since you own at least one). I can sortof see where you're coming from, something along the lines of the popped collar; still, it's not the same, I don't think. You're stereotyping. I know alot of dicks who wear baseball hats. I also know alot of dicks who don't and alot of non-dicks that do. So. Yeah.

Justin A 12-19-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- A hat wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilting the hat a little bit actually makes sense if you have ever been a pitcer. Sometimes the hat can cause you to lose sight of the catcher's mit during portions of your delivery. Tilting the hat to the side a little will prevent this from happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're left handed, aren't you?

Justin A 12-19-2005 10:04 PM

Bob,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm wearing a baseball hat right now while browsing 2+2.

12-19-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- A hat wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I pitch and I've never noticed this as being a problem. Are you just assuming that is why they do it, or do you have something to base this on? Not trying to be rude. I mean it sounds plausible, but I'm just saying I've never noticed my hat as being problematic during delivery.

craig r 12-19-2005 11:54 PM

El Diablo,

But they ain't here anymore
Don't have to settle the score
Cause we all live
Under the reign of one king

The only way is One,

craig

djj6835 12-20-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pitch and I've never noticed this as being a problem. Are you just assuming that is why they do it, or do you have something to base this on? Not trying to be rude. I mean it sounds plausible, but I'm just saying I've never noticed my hat as being problematic during delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened to me when I was a pitcher. I didn't tilt my hat at all but I can understand why some pitchers do it.

12-20-2005 12:37 AM

Did Pokerbob actually get an * from this post? I don't know if he started another * worthy thread or if this was it.

Justin A 12-20-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened to me when I was a pitcher. I didn't tilt my hat at all but I can understand why some pitchers do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pitchers don't do it so they can see better, they do it because they're left handed, and left handed pitchers are just weird by nature.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm wearing a baseball hat right now while browsing 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate you. so there.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and those who wear them. so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your life must be pretty effing wonderful if you have time to worry about stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

who's worried?

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes I tilt my baseball hat, which is mine and I own it proudly, but I'm really doing it in an ironic way.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is like saying that you suck cock, but you do it in an ironic way.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does this include women with pony tails sticking out the back. I like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that often this can be rather appealing.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerBob

Uhhhhhhh,

Who peed in your Cheerio's ?

Tim

Proud baseball hat wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have hated those [censored] hats for over 10 years. and i eat froot loops.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about the morons that where them backwards when they fish. U suck stupid hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are dumb.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- A hat wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what a jimmy-hat is. i have no problem with baseball players wearing baseball hats because, well, they play baseball.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that it's more the type of people that wear baseball hats than hats themselves that you have a problem with (especially since you own at least one). I can sortof see where you're coming from, something along the lines of the popped collar; still, it's not the same, I don't think. You're stereotyping. I know alot of dicks who wear baseball hats. I also know alot of dicks who don't and alot of non-dicks that do. So. Yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will grant you that there are some acceptable times/situations for the wearing of a baseball hat.

i own maybe 3. 1 gets worn if i play golf. my fishing hat i have not worn in probably 6 years. it is up at my family's cabin. i have one from when i used to run 70 miles/week, but i dunno where it is. it was good for keeping the sun off of my face. i do not wear hats as a standard part of my wardrobe, like pants and a shirt. doing so is simply moronic. so there.

Jack of Arcades 12-20-2005 09:13 AM

PokerBob,

Where are you from? If you are from the UK I can see it even though it would be short-sighted. Elsewise, I see no big deal.

PS: cap.

college_boy 12-20-2005 10:16 AM

This is what happens when break evens go pro.

12-20-2005 11:30 AM

I hate people with gay avatars of some gay little person smashing their gay little head onto their gay little keyboard.
Long live hats.

CrazyEyez 12-20-2005 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<insert BIMO pic of guy pointing to baseball hat>

MaxPower 12-20-2005 12:19 PM

I agree if you are talking about people who overuse the baseball cap. I also don't get those people who walk around wearing those wool caps indoors. I'm sure that describes a bunch of people on this forum.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerBob,

Where are you from?

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in minnesota.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree if you are talking about people who overuse the baseball cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PokerBob 12-20-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but i've hated hats for 10 years. or do you mean that they spend too much time on 2+2? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]