Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Official Richest 2+2er Speculation Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395065)

Nightwish 12-11-2005 06:24 AM

Re: The Official Richest 2+2er Speculation Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I know that Paluka and El D both have pretty high paying regular jobs. There was a thread a while back where El D compared his yearly earn to somebody playing poker. I believe it was somewhere in the 500-800k range but I coudl easily be off by a large margin. This isn't anything I know special, I just remember pointless [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Diablo has a regular job? I thought he was some bum grad student at a certain university? And if he does have a regular job that pays that much (I have an idea of what those jobs are), I cannot possibly see how he could have this much time to post on 2+2. I call BS on the whole thing.

12-11-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring any "celebrities" that come to these boards who do you think is the richest 2+2er?

[/ QUOTE ]
Scheisse!!

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:09 AM

OK, we know JV and stox make millions playing poker each year. I'm gonna guess that stox also has a very well paying day job. We know Paluka plays 300/600 with a bankroll from working, not playing poker. We have had thebadguy described as "a really rich guy from India who obviously does not care at all about money".

I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark. This is good. However, wealth from business ventures will easily surpass this. Therefore, I'm guessing that either thebadguy or someone else who has access to insane amounts of business-related wealth is the richest 2+2er.

And my friend's dad is one of the richest 20 people in the world, I believe. This seemed like a good thread to post that piece of information.

astroglide 12-12-2005 01:14 AM

wow

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:18 AM

I know

astroglide 12-12-2005 01:19 AM

lol

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:24 AM

ok, I can let you get the last word since that seems to be important to you today

ZeeJustin 12-12-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that Paluka was a professional Magic player for quite some time. This should at least triple whatever your estimate would be without factoring Magic in. Did you know he even has a card with his picture on it?!

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 02:05 AM

[censored], I overlooked that. Now my careful calculations all come crumbling down. I'm gonna have to change that precise estimate of 20-50 million to 20-100 million now. Thanks, ZJ! (And congrats.)

ggbman 12-12-2005 04:48 AM

I would be seriously surprised if either Pauluka or Stox were worth 25% of the low end of your range. I could be wrong though.

12-12-2005 04:53 AM

I am.

NLSoldier 12-12-2005 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be seriously surprised if either Pauluka or Stox were worth 25% of the low end of your range. I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Paluka 12-12-2005 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not in the know really.

I know that Paluka and El D both have pretty high paying regular jobs. There was a thread a while back where El D compared his yearly earn to somebody playing poker. I believe it was somewhere in the 500-800k range but I coudl easily be off by a large margin. This isn't anything I know special, I just remember pointless [censored].

I would think that you're probably looking for people who are job rich and happen to play (TSP is reportedly another example) than people who are really rich off of playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are insane mentioning me in this thread. There are 2+2ers who have won more at poker THIS YEAR than I have to my name.

Paluka 12-12-2005 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, we know JV and stox make millions playing poker each year. I'm gonna guess that stox also has a very well paying day job. We know Paluka plays 300/600 with a bankroll from working, not playing poker. We have had thebadguy described as "a really rich guy from India who obviously does not care at all about money".

I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark. This is good. However, wealth from business ventures will easily surpass this. Therefore, I'm guessing that either thebadguy or someone else who has access to insane amounts of business-related wealth is the richest 2+2er.

And my friend's dad is one of the richest 20 people in the world, I believe. This seemed like a good thread to post that piece of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

MaxPower 12-12-2005 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious with this post.

These young guys have money, but they are not wealthy. If you want to figure out who are the wealthiest 2+2ers look to the older members of the forum. I have an idea who they might be, but I'm not into gossiping.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 09:35 AM

Then why are you posting in this thread?

And obviously my post was a joke. Get a clue, boys.
Edit: Just so that you boys on the short bus can laugh at my really funny joke with the other kids...it was a joke playing off of the fact that stox has linked to screenshots of winning 200+ in a month or so, that Paluka has posted 3/6 hands and also stated that he did not build his BR by playing poker but rather from working, that JV posted in the MHNL forum that he made 6 figures per month from poker and also in the MHFL forum that he made millions from playing poker, and that aggie first described tbg in a funny (racist?) way before he started posting here.

BarronVangorToth 12-12-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are insane mentioning me in this thread. There are 2+2ers who have won more at poker THIS YEAR than I have to my name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but, Chris, don't forget about the X dollars you made playing Magic -- granted, you have to subtract the money you spent on cards, hotels, airlines, food, cabs, parking, sleeves, etc etc -- but still that obviously must be in the bazillions since, after all, all pro Magic players net (net, not gross) bazillions from MTG.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 10:41 AM

I forgot stox's "This database shows you how to run good to the tune of 1K/hr" thread. Sorry, stox. Didn't mean to let your efforts go unappreciated.

stoxtrader 12-12-2005 11:38 AM

I don't think I have ever linked to screenshots on 2+2, can you please link me to where I did that? Not someone else doing it please.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 11:48 AM

Do you own research, man. I think my efforts in this thread have already gone above and beyond the call of duty.

stoxtrader 12-12-2005 12:44 PM

let me rephrase.

I am accusing you of incorrectly saying I have linked screenshots of my play showing a very high winrate on 2+2.

I have never done this, so please do not say otherwise.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 12:56 PM

Let me clarify: are you mad about the fact that in my joke post in this thread in NVG I stated that you had linked to a screenshot of yours when really someone else did? Even though the screenshot really is yours and it is an accurate portrayal of your results over that period?

Did someone else also start the thread attempting to sell your hand database? I just also want to give you the opportunity to clear that one up, too, in case I was mistaken in that claim as well.

sfer 12-12-2005 01:04 PM

I work in finance too but I'm not a baller so put me in the the single digit million range I guess.

stoxtrader 12-12-2005 01:09 PM

yes, my annoyance stems from the fact that I have purposefully avoided screenshot style bragging posts.

To be accused of doing so, whether the initial post is a joke or not, the accusaton was not. Thus I take issue.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:22 PM

OK, I will stipulate that you have successfully avoided screenshot style bragging posts here and have limited yourself well to database style bragging posts. Only others have linked to your screenshot style bragging posts on your own web site, you have not done so personally.

B Dids 12-12-2005 01:56 PM

I think that long term your yearly earn might surpass some of those poker players though.

You're likely to be pulling over x a year in 10 years right, are they?

Paluka: a good long term investment!

Paluka 12-12-2005 02:01 PM

I'm going to get rich by shorting Dids.

B Dids 12-12-2005 02:24 PM

I'm not even sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure some kind of buy fat, sell skinny plan would be a good idea.

Diplomat 12-12-2005 02:33 PM

Dids, that's exactly what it is.

Running poorly?

-Diplomat

SossMan 12-12-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I work in finance too but I'm not a baller so put me in the the single digit million range I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, how can you even afford rent?

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's the kind of "speculation" the OP meant.

astroglide 12-12-2005 03:53 PM

are you unsure about whether you have a million dollars?

thatpfunk 12-12-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I want every type of speculation possible. This thread is for wild, unsusbstatiated rumors. This is the gossip forum and I'm just trying to do my part.

Voltron87 12-12-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I want every type of speculation possible. This thread is for wild, unsusbstatiated rumors. This is the gossip forum and I'm just trying to do my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this thread is so awesome

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'm being retarded or if you are but I meant that you wanted
[ QUOTE ]
speculation: Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

[/ QUOTE ]
but you got
[ QUOTE ]
speculation: Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit

[/ QUOTE ]

In any case, I think that stox is worth the most of any 2+2er. But I only know that from info that he did not link to on this site, so it is pure speculation at best. Although I do have it on good basis that he makes 1K/hr playing poker.

12-12-2005 10:58 PM

if you ever lived in nyc you could find people with a few million who think they are not wealthy. not many but a few

thatpfunk 12-13-2005 01:38 AM

twp,
the second type of speculation made me chuckle, so it is very welcome in this thread.
(the thread is a joke... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

NLSoldier 12-13-2005 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you ever lived in nyc you could find people with a few million who think they are not wealthy. not many but a few

[/ QUOTE ]

i am always facinated by what prompts people to make their first post.

TheWorstPlayer 12-13-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(the thread is a joke... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
so you're saying I wasted all this time on research? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

TStoneMBD 12-13-2005 09:42 AM

Hi guys