Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Everyday Dick Moves (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394898)

Alobar 12-09-2005 03:40 PM

Re: Everyday Dick Moves

thought of another traffic one. I get super annoyed with people in parking lots, who stop in the middle of the isle to wait for some car to back up so they can get the spot, when there are open spots not that far away, its jus they are to [censored] fat and lazy to walk. When I get in my car and someone does this [censored] behind me waiting for my spot, I just sit in my car like im going to back up, but then I just sit there and play with my radio until they finally get so impatient and pissed that they drive thru, then I immediately back out.

MikeNaked 12-09-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one I hate when it's done to me.

You're in a long-ass line at a grocery store checkout (or wherever, really). A cashier opens a new lane, and the last guy in line hightails it over there along with everyone behind you. Pricks. I always offer the person in front of me to go over to the new line. This is why stores should go to a single-line, multiple checkout system.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a supermarket cashier, I am with you on this one. However, one of the most annoying things is when you're already open (usually an express line), and there are 4-5 people in line in the other line, and you say "I can help someone over here" and all 5 people turn and stare at each other while the person in the back of the line is the only one who doesn't act like a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta do it Trader Joe's style: "I can help the next person in line."

daryn 12-09-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

Alobar 12-09-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

[/ QUOTE ]

its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.

edtost 12-09-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

darynisright.

vexvelour 12-09-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.

daryn 12-09-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.

vexvelour 12-09-2005 04:17 PM

I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

Alobar 12-09-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. Me personally I wouldnt [censored] with someone in that situation, just because it seems so dangerous, id just let them go by. I like to pretend I pick my spots to do it in, but lets be honest, even [censored] with someone in a parking lot can get you shot in this day and age, so the smart play is to just let it all slide. But like you said, im not an eisntein and I have anger managment issues.

Reqtech 12-09-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slower traffic on right is a foreign concept to some people, I guess.

Turtle races is a much dicker move than using the full lane to merge.

brettbrettr 12-09-2005 04:21 PM

Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

I'll let you decide who the bigger dick is.

SippinSoma 12-09-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.

daryn 12-09-2005 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

[/ QUOTE ]

he then has all that extra time to beat you to a pulp in the elevator

Andrew Fletcher 12-09-2005 04:39 PM

NH, sir.

daryn 12-09-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?

jakethebake 12-09-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you or the old lady? I'll say you were.

Homer 12-09-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im driving to work on a 45 mph, four lane, semi urban/industrial road. I am in the right lane and I see a tractor trailer making a right. I switch lanes and at no time do I drop below 45, but I make a pickup going about 55 pump his brakes a bit (keep in mind there was a row of traffic stopped infront of me for the big rig).

So I speed up and up to 65 and this guy is still completely in my trunk. I see a red light ahead, slow down and he zooms past me and pulls infront of me just to get to the light before I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some a-hole do something similar to me one day. Driving down a 50 mph two-lane road. I'm kinda neck and neck with another car in the left lane, doing a solid 55-60....no one else around. This AHOLE in a big truck is turning right onto this road I'm on, but he's got a merging lane...well first he thinks he's gonna get in front of me, so he speeds up. There was no f@#$ing way he'd make it.

I can't move over because I've got someone next to me, and I sure as hell am not going to slam on the brakes to let some slow-ass truck in. So the guy in the truck slams on his brakes when he realizes he's only going behind me - which he should have realized before he even tried. We look at each other as I zoom by, and he's cursing up a storm for his gf in the truck. He speeds up and tailgates me for a solid five miles. If I had even tapped the brakes, he would have rear-ended me. F@#$ing dick.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.

jakethebake 12-09-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I do too.

Yeti 12-09-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.

TheMainEvent 12-09-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

How humiliating. I can't believe you posted that.

KaneKungFu123 12-09-2005 04:51 PM

When I hand the a mo-cy 10 baht and he nods his head and speeds off robbing me of my 3 baht change.

ibankonu 12-09-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the worst "dick move" mentioned so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Muthafuckas do this and they get got.

This is for real the only thing on the highway that absolutely makes me want to cut someone's throat. I can't stand assholes who do this. Self-important pricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why if there is a backup like this, I hedge out into that lane that is closing and continue at the same speed so that i am still "in line", but none can get around me. Plus if you are doing this, the guy behind you always sees whats up and saves your spot for ya.

KaneKungFu123 12-09-2005 04:58 PM

http://www.horsedrivingtrials.co.uk/...etoun_2004.jpg

12-09-2005 05:15 PM

If it's daytime, instead of tapping the brakes just turn your headlights on and off. It'll take him awhile to realize it's not your brake lights.

astroglide 12-09-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is [censored] dude

djoyce003 12-09-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the worst "dick move" mentioned so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drive a full size truck, when I see some moron pull this stunt, I pull over and get into both lanes so that they can't get past me...then I work with the guy behind me to wedge the guy in and to not let him in....no way in hell is he getting past me.

djoyce003 12-09-2005 05:58 PM

not a move I pull but one that pisses me off is the person in the express lane at the grocery store with 50 items. I will stand behind them and in a very loud voice say " i guess some people have a hard time counting to 15". they are generally relatively uncomfortable by the time they get done checking out....i made some dude drop a bunch of stuff one time, it was pretty funny.

dblgutshot 12-09-2005 06:00 PM

So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people that make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

snowden719 12-09-2005 06:06 PM

Just so you know, the biggest cause of traffic jams is not the people who race up but the people who refuse to let them in. If you let them merge rather than trying to cut them off you wouldn't force them to stop and get in by forcing cars behind you to slam on the breaks to let them in.

12-09-2005 06:10 PM

I don't know if this qualifies as a dick move or not.

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

dblgutshot 12-09-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I'm going to start doing this.

KaneKungFu123 12-09-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a dick move to yourself.

Allinlife 12-09-2005 06:13 PM

why are these dick threads so damn popular

i think it's sad

Leaky Eye 12-09-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

TheMainEvent 12-09-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people that make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of an 'America' thing than an 'OOT' thing

GoCubsGo 12-09-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?

Leaky Eye 12-09-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Most people are so self absorbed that they take everything that happens on the road as some sort of personal interaction. Its just traffic man. That's how traffic works.

TheMainEvent 12-09-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably start keeping a handgun in your glove compartment

CollinEstes 12-09-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.

jakethebake 12-09-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Experience with what, being a pussy? No. Sorry.