Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50/100 vs mahatma (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391587)

TheWorstPlayer 12-06-2005 03:03 PM

Re: TURN ACTION

[ QUOTE ]
My least favorite line here is check calling the turn, and then checking the river. I think your going to get run over a lot if you play it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you call on the river.

DOTTT 12-06-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My least favorite line here is check calling the turn, and then checking the river. I think your going to get run over a lot if you play it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't many cards I'd feel comfortable calling a push on the river with.

I think the scary part of this hand is his call on the flop. If he knows the bb is aggressive he'd raise if he was on a draw or air to keep from getting pushed off his hand by the bb. His call seems like he's inviting the bb to come over the top. I find it very hard to believe he has a draw on the turn unless he has something like AKh, in which case he's free rolling. I can’t really see a good line here, I'm starting to believe a fold on the turn is the best play. Anyone care to disagree, with some reasoning?

Ray Zee 12-06-2005 07:00 PM

good flop bet but worked out bad though.
on the turn you must move in. or fold if you know something i dont.

12-06-2005 07:13 PM

Re: 50/100 vs mahatma

I don't really see your problem in this spot. Knowing Mahatma, you should be able to extract adequate information from the flop play to know what to do on turn (c/c, lead river for one third of the pot, call raise). Very nice bet on the flop, by the way.

- AB

durrrr 12-06-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, your call preflop was pretty loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

durrrr 12-06-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i checked he bet 3600. My action now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8200 and fold to a push??? I dont know this is really a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would leave me w/ 6k... im not good/bad enough to fold then i dont think- + i hav up to 8 outs vs. 2pair.

I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

BobboFitos 12-06-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2

[/ QUOTE ]

durr, what about c/c lead riv/call raise? or if you checked here, you werent betting the riv no mattah what?

durrrr 12-07-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

durr, what about c/c lead riv/call raise? or if you checked here, you werent betting the riv no mattah what?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was betting some rivers probably but i am an idiot and forgot to include that part of the line [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

In the actual hand i called; river wass 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and i chk/folded to his push. I really wish i had c/rd allin the turn especially after his 2/3 pot bet (i think i am often ahead after he makes this bet). I realize prah is no idiot; and will mix up his game; but in general i think its safe to assume that his hand range is stronger to full pot the turn than to 2/3 pot it; at least on this board in this spot.

buddhablessed1 12-07-2005 01:13 AM

does mason still think limit holdem is a more complicated game?(poker essays)

DOTTT 12-07-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i checked he bet 3600. My action now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8200 and fold to a push??? I dont know this is really a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would leave me w/ 6k... im not good/bad enough to fold then i dont think- + i hav up to 8 outs vs. 2pair.

I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you would have about 11k left.

12-07-2005 06:50 AM

What is the point of c/r turn all-in? There're relatively few cards on the river, where you can't call a push anyways, so the equity of him bluffing into you is much larger than ending the hand right there (or be drawing dead if he calls).

- AB

raptor517 12-07-2005 08:18 AM

durrr i really like this flop bet. kinda makes it seem like you are stronger than you are, maybe even set power.. against some of the opposition you are up against, they can pick that up and you have an easier way to see where you are at. i duno im not very articulate right now, but i like it. didnt work out the way you wanted, but.. meh. holla

Matt Flynn 12-07-2005 11:21 AM

Nice flop bet. Perfect situation for that.

Pot's 3,600 on flop and you have 21K and two opponents. With 6x the pot and AK on an uncoordinated board vs. two I am committed. The issue to me is whether opponent with position is so aggressive that he will bet that turn often, in which case I checkraise all in on the turn. Otherwise bet the hell out of the turn. If he's got you so be it.

Matt