Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   red 88...play along with me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386603)

private joker 11-28-2005 05:50 PM

Re: the flop

It's like the TT overpair hand in SSHE. Miller recommends just calling on a flop like this, and I agree. Call.

KramerTM 11-28-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like the TT overpair hand in SSHE. Miller recommends just calling on a flop like this, and I agree. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Page please?

11-28-2005 06:02 PM

Re: red 88...play along with me

Grunch, Call cold,
Set bet...
88 doesnt have enough equity multihanded, and your raise isnt eliminating any competition.

private joker 11-28-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Page please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't have the book with me. I lent it to my girlfriend! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

W. Deranged 11-28-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise 33 most of the time. Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against docile players who'll usually let me have a look at the turn in addition to the flop if I don't hit my set I like that...

El Tigre 11-28-2005 10:35 PM

havent read the other replies so i might be repeating what they said. The example in SSHE of the TT hand, is a little different. There are 2 clubs on the board in that hand and you dont have one. Also you have a backdoor gutshot in that hand. Here you also have probably 3-3 1/2 clean outs with the 6 for the str8. I like a raise here to see how the field reacts. It is a semi-free card half value raise.

I dunno call is fine also i guess

11-29-2005 12:18 PM

The raise is solid to push out the posible str8 and flush draws as well

BoxLiquid 11-29-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
UTG+1 is the only decent player in the game. UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, 1 fold, 2 more limpers to me on the button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I decided to limp. IMO it doesn't matter much either way. Of course the SB came along and the BB checked.

Flop (8 players) (8 SB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, 3 more guys call and now it's up to me, I.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually raise but after reading all the feedback on this thread I don't disagree with calling. You can't protect your hand at all. If you raise here the players with a flush draw will actually get helped more than you. If an 8 comes on the turn you have a redraw to a fullhouse and a 6 excluding the 6 of hearts gives you a straight. Problem is though your straight is almost worthless because you can lose on the river by getting flushed. It's a tough decision.

PokerBob 11-29-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise is solid to push out the posible str8 and flush draws as well

[/ QUOTE ]

a flush draw is going nowhere.

PokerBob 11-29-2005 03:02 PM

the results

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
UTG+1 is the only decent player in the game. UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, 1 fold, 2 more limpers to me on the button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I decided to limp. IMO it doesn't matter much either way. Of course the SB came along and the BB checked.

Flop (8 players) (8 SB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, 3 more guys call and now it's up to me, I.......thought about raising but just called. Blinds folded out.

Turn (5 monkies)(6.5BB):K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
It checks all the way to me and I bet, every monkey folds. I am the best poker player ever. ever.

LarsVegas 11-29-2005 06:06 PM

Maybe I'm running too good, but I don't think so, but this is a raise I think. I think they eights will win more than it's fair share here.

lars

CardSharpCook 11-29-2005 06:10 PM

Re: the results

At least you included yourself amoung the monkies. Cost yourself 2BB by not raising the flop. For shame. FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!

Joe Tall 11-29-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least you included yourself amoung the monkies. Cost yourself 2BB by not raising the flop. For shame. FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising this flop is going to cost him in the long run. You are looking at the results and have been reading too mcuh BarronVanTooth garbage.

private joker 11-29-2005 07:13 PM

I agree with Joe. Even if you were going to be results-oriented, you should be realizing that by not raising the flop, Bob was able to represent a K easier on the turn. Had he raised the flop, anyone who called would have stubbornly called the turn.

NLSoldier 11-29-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is retarded. if he had raised the flop, the pot would be bigger and at least one of them would have correctl called.