Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ****Official Fresno St. Upset USC Thread****** (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378500)

11-20-2005 02:17 AM

Re: ****Official Fresno St. Upset USC Thread******

Bush needs to start practicing his speech.

TomCollins 11-20-2005 02:19 AM

Wow, almost another pick for Fresno St. That guy is a gun-SLINGER

thatpfunk 11-20-2005 02:43 AM

hello, excitement

lastchance 11-20-2005 02:43 AM

Fresno State ties the game! Upset brewing!

MEbenhoe 11-20-2005 02:43 AM

where's kyro? his boys are closing in on a NC berth.... wow

lastchance 11-20-2005 02:45 AM

I still think USC will win, but Fresno State has a damn good chance of upsetting one of the best teams in the country.

Reggie Bush is still the best RB in the country, and Fresno State needs to stop him.

TomCollins 11-20-2005 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think USC will win, but Fresno State has a damn good chance of upsetting one of the best teams in the country.

Reggie Bush is still the best RB in the country, and Fresno State needs to stop him.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC might as well put Bush in as QB to pump his numbers more.

lastchance 11-20-2005 02:56 AM

Go for 2 here? I think that's the best idea with an offense like that and only 6 min left to go.

McGahee 11-20-2005 03:01 AM

This announcer is the same guy who did the play-by-play in Rocky IV, right?
"Forget technique, forget strategy, this is just a street fight - no holds barred in Moscow!"

lastchance 11-20-2005 03:17 AM

SC finally puts the game away. Tough one.

Dudd 11-20-2005 03:20 AM

That was extremely dissapointing.

smb394 11-20-2005 03:22 AM

Wow, what a game. SOOOOOOOOOO close.

EricW 11-20-2005 03:22 AM

To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close? I don't have fox sports net up here in Canada so i've been following the game on the live update on sportsline.com.

It seems that USC's special teams was mainly at fault here? I think like 3 of Fresno's TDs resulted from USC's poor performance at special teams which lead to Fresno St having ridiculous field position.

As well, it seemed like USC wasn't able to get the important stops on 3rd and 4th down?

Anyone care to chime in?

bottomset 11-20-2005 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USC might as well put Bush in as QB to pump his numbers more.

[/ QUOTE ]

let him throw LT(best RB at the next level, and Bush's target to dethrone) style??

MyTurn2Raise 11-20-2005 03:22 AM

fun game...entertaining to say the least

prediction:
USC 62 UCLA 43

TomCollins 11-20-2005 03:24 AM

No defense on either team.

lastchance 11-20-2005 03:25 AM

That, plus Fresno State's offense is excellent, and USC's defense isn't. (well, they're decent)

If Pinegar didn't throw so many picks and make so many bad decisions, USC would have lost this game.

Momo 11-20-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause USC is not a #1 calibur team.

BWebb 11-20-2005 03:31 AM

Damn, hell of a game. We put up a good fight and played just about as well as we could. A few costly INTs (especially the one around the goalline), but Bush was too much tonight. Made a good showing, that's for sure. Lets hope we don't drop more than a couple spots in the rankings, if at all.

BWebb 11-20-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a homer, but it was close because Fresno St. has a very good team. People will say USC is overrated or their defense sucks, but Fresno was top 5 in the nation in scoring coming into the game. We have a great offensive line (able to run effectively in the second half and Pinegar had time to throw all night), good talent at the skills position and Pinegar is going to be another NFL QB from Fresno St. I hope it doesn't become 'SC is overrated' but rather that 'Fresno St. is a damn good team'.

Vote4Pedro 11-20-2005 03:56 AM

Great [censored] game...so close

BWebb, do you goto Fresno St?

SossMan 11-20-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a homer, but it was close because Fresno St. has a very good team. People will say USC is overrated or their defense sucks, but Fresno was top 5 in the nation in scoring coming into the game. We have a great offensive line (able to run effectively in the second half and Pinegar had time to throw all night), good talent at the skills position and Pinegar is going to be another NFL QB from Fresno St. I hope it doesn't become 'SC is overrated' but rather that 'Fresno St. is a damn good team'.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa...have you seen Pinegar throw?? He makes Pennington's arm strength look like Dan Marino. Seriously, I think he just threw a knuckleball on that out rout.

BWebb 11-20-2005 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great [censored] game...so close

BWebb, do you goto Fresno St?

[/ QUOTE ]

Graduated 2004. You?

BWebb 11-20-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa...have you seen Pinegar throw?? He makes Pennington's arm strength look like Dan Marino. Seriously, I think he just threw a knuckleball on that out rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watch every game and you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not saying he has a cannon, but he has more than enough arm strength to make it. I'd rate him between Carr and Volek in terms of arm strength for Fresno St. QBs. If you're talking about the out that knocked down, please realize he was throwing it from the other hash. That had to go about 30 yards in the air and the defender barely got there.

Vote4Pedro 11-20-2005 04:06 AM

I'm finishing up my undergrad @ UC Davis right now, but I'll probably do some grad work in Fresno.

I'm originally from Visalia...

11-20-2005 04:07 AM

It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

12ozLongneck 11-20-2005 04:09 AM

Reggie Bush is good at football!

thatpfunk 11-20-2005 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad we pay attention to that whole "win-loss" overall record thing.

McGahee 11-20-2005 04:17 AM

Huh? I find it hard to believe that it's possible for "the best team in the country that can shut down anybody" to blow a 21 point lead at home and lose vs. a mediocre team.

11-20-2005 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? I find it hard to believe that it's possible for "the best team in the country that can shut down anybody" to blow a 21 point lead at home and lose vs. a mediocre team.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one early season game with a new coach. Look at the LSU team now and don't tell me that they cannot beat USC and their porous defense. LSU's team speed can CONTAIN Reggie Bush.

LSU wins 24-10.

11-20-2005 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.

McGahee 11-20-2005 04:21 AM

What about the ASU game? I know they had to fly out there on short notice, but didn't the refs help them win that game?

11-20-2005 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.

11-20-2005 04:26 AM

Im not a USC fan at all. Im fairly sure the 33 wins in a row speak for themselves.

11-20-2005 04:29 AM

I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.

lastchance 11-20-2005 04:34 AM

Texas anyone? That team hasn't come close to losing a game since OSU, one of the top 10 teams in the country, top 5 in my book. They blew out a top 20 TTech unit by 35 points. They beat Colorado by 25.

LSU can beat USC, but USC's a better team. LSU's offense won't be able to get 20+ points on USC, and USC can score 30 points on anyone.

BWebb 11-20-2005 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, don't know if you watched the game but they talked about how Fresno was trying to schedule LSU but they said no. They then went and added Appalachian St. to the schedule.

Jorge10 11-20-2005 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

A thread a while back in these forums talked about how LSU, Alabama, and Auburn all schedule scrubs for their non conference games in order to make it seem like they have amazing defenses.

During the game they said Fresno tried to play them, but LSU said no and instead picked some scrub a good high school team could beat.

I dont care about USC or LSU, but the article made a lot of sense and im pretty sure USC would crush LSU. Also Fresno played above their level. They played the best they could play and they lost, how about giving them a bit of credit. This was a team that lost to Oregon who USC crushed and yet they gave USC more problems than Oregon.

One last thing when LSU plays some real out of conference teams like USC did, Notre Dame anyone? Then LSU, Auburn and Alabama can whine, but first they have to play some real teams.

lastchance 11-20-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team that the SEC has played out of conference.

Jorge10 11-20-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats more accurate.