Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Novermber Goals Post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367470)

TStoneMBD 10-28-2005 09:02 PM

Re: Novermber Goals Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Continue practicing my new belief that downswings don't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then Im a fucing awful poker player [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you in the 300BB poker chip club? i just dodged the club by a little bit about a month ago.

I.Rowboat 10-28-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I made several small, fundamental changes to my game in August and have had great success since;

[/ QUOTE ]

care to share?

I ask because I did the same thing, my changes were:
- steal less
- defend less
- call down less with big unimproved aces

I made these adjustments after my first 30-40k hands of SH and I couldn't be happier. just curious what type of adjustments you made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tightened up my game, primarily PF, while also ratcheting up my aggression. I am playing position much more carefully, and exploiting positional mistakes by opponents much more vigorously. I'm also giving more respect to EP PF raisers (when warranted) -- I'm folding a lot more hands to an EP raise than I used to, and this may be my single biggest improvement. I have natural LAG tendencies, which I've fought to overcome, and I feel that as a result I am a more solid, much tougher player. Basically, I'm playing fewer pots and winning more of them. Like I said, fundamental stuff. I think I've been playing well post-flop for several years, but I had some obvious leaks in my PF game (e.g., a sweet tooth for suited connectors and small pairs OOP), and I have worked to plug these.

I only play for a few hours each night, and only 2-3 tables, so even 10k hands would be a huge month for me; 6k-8k is probably average. If you can accept stats on such a small sample size, I'm averaging 3.6 bb/100 at $15-$30 to $30-$60, mostly in full ring games. These stats are probably meaningless, but they are all I have to go on; if I'm not a winning player, I'm sure I'll find out in the next 6-12 months. In monetary numbers (and I know it's crass to talk about money, so I apologize, but it's the yardstick I've been using) I'm up $14k since August, and the rise has been consistent. This includes two 100BB downswings. I am eager to get in more hours to validate these numbers, but between work, kids, and not completely ignoring my wife, a few hours most nights is about the best I can do.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy testimonial, but I wanted to give a complete answer.

jba 10-28-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, sorry for the lengthy testimonial, but I wanted to give a complete answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bro, exactly what I was looking for. it's always interesting to hear about the hurdles people clear along the way.

oreogod 10-28-2005 09:10 PM

1. 60k hands.
2.Play good as usual.
3.Dont let 100bb swings affect me or annoy me much (why should it affect me, I have a big roll, there is no need to get annoyed at the loss -- its all on loan baby, its not lost.)

ggbman 10-28-2005 09:18 PM

Its [censored] October 28th! I wanted to start this thread so i could see the little flame thingy next to one of my posts. You are an [censored] Dave.

Anywho, here are the november goals

1.) Have fun at school and in vegas, dedicate more time to classes.
2.) Run "average" or better
3.) Log 25k hands in the 30-60 game and dont take any higher shots for a little while.
4.) Make 2BB/100 in the 30 game for the month
5.) Eat better/exercise more
6.) Try to get my average sleep up to 6 hrs/night

Good luck everyone!

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to start this thread so i could see the little flame thingy next to one of my posts. You are an [censored] Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao. busted. when the october one got bumped and I saw the flamey thing next to one of your threads i was like, i gotta start the nov. one so that can be me!

ggbman 10-28-2005 09:25 PM

While i am still very [censored] mad about this, i'm somewhat reassured that im not the only idiot who enjoys seeing the little flame next my threads

ClaytonN 10-28-2005 09:26 PM

Play 25k hands at 2/4 sixmax on stars
No multitasking, stick to pokering
No tilting
Make enough money to comfortably play the 3/6 sixmax games on Stars (roll of prob 3600'ish)

TStoneMBD 10-28-2005 09:31 PM

wasnt krishan the originator of goals posts? whoever the originator is should be the one to create it monthly. if not im releasing decembers midnovember.

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasnt krishan the originator of goals posts? whoever the originator is should be the one to create it monthly. if not im releasing decembers midnovember.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa you are correct. thats wierd cuz for some reason I thought it was gabes post last month, and then he was the one who said he wanted to make it this month so I was reassured that it was his last month...

anyways, maybe we can write down a rotation so that we dont ahve a december goals post out in a week, lol.

Justin A 10-28-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm releasing January's sometime around the first week of December.

baronzeus 10-28-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. 20K hands

[/ QUOTE ]

why so few compared to october?

[/ QUOTE ]

school [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

mex78753 10-28-2005 09:50 PM

1) play 15k hands
2) Call down less with Ace high. (improve my sd%)
3) Go to the gym at least twice a week.
4) Have at least 2 8 hour sessions.

Megenoita 10-28-2005 09:51 PM

1. 100,000 hands 5/10 (6)
2. Play Perfect Poker.
3. Exercise a lot.

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm releasing January's sometime around the first week of December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it, Im realising every month through 2007 tommorow!

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. 100,000 hands 5/10 (6)
2. Play Perfect Poker.
3. Exercise a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

100k hands? jesus.

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. 20K hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh I forgot stanford doesnt start school until november.

baronzeus 10-28-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. 20K hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh I forgot stanford doesnt start school until november.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no it started last month, i just didnt start until november.

bobbyi 10-28-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9) work on my heads up game

[/ QUOTE ]
TStone, we should play heads up sometime (not for serious money) and discuss afterwards.

Evan 10-28-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Play $15k worth of combined MGR at 2 sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a weird goal.

Victor 10-28-2005 10:20 PM

back to even

ok i got back to even after dropping 332803245987234897878434bb in like 3 hands.
so i love you all.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

1) 30k hands
2) $10k
3) continue to work out
4) stop chatting

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 10:23 PM

Re: back to even

[ QUOTE ]
ok i got back to even after dropping 332803245987234897878434bb in like 3 hands.
so i love you all.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

1) 30k hands
2) $10k
3) continue to work out
4) stop chatting

[/ QUOTE ]

you got back to even! wtf. I dont even plan on getting back to even in the entire month. you suck.

Victor 10-28-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you got back to even! wtf. I dont even plan on getting back to even in the entire month. you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

even for the day. if i run well i may be even for this month at the end of next month.

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even for the day. if i run well i may be even for this month at the end of next month.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok, then yeah we are in the same boat.

Lash 10-28-2005 10:36 PM

1) Continue to play 5-10 until I build confidence to play higher
2) Continue to study and analyze my flop decisions

krishanleong 10-28-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While i am still very [censored] mad about this, i'm somewhat reassured that im not the only idiot who enjoys seeing the little flame next my threads

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen,

from the guy who stole the October goals post.

TStoneMBD 10-28-2005 11:04 PM

sure that sounds great. i want to start recording heads up games for other people to view. i think it would be even better if the opponent is a wellknown twoplustwo poster.

Chobohoya 10-28-2005 11:12 PM

1) Play lots
2) Post more
3) Be playing AND rolled for 10/20
4) FT the GD 10:15 11R
5) Obtain R@*^$&#*) at Party

sublime 10-28-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Move down to 10/20 for at least 20k hands.
2) Tigten up, esp out of position
3) Make sure I dont tilt whatsoever
4) Play 25k hands
5) Close AIM/2+2 while playing, I succeeded wiht closing 2p2 in october but not aim.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5 sound awesome to me. 1 will probably sound good after i dust off 5k

i have been sooo lazy in regards to actually playing poker recently (3-4 months). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheMetetron 10-29-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) Play $15k worth of combined MGR at 2 sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a weird goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but I can't really extrapolate on why.

cookie 10-29-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Start winning money again
1.1) Preferable net more than $2K this month
2) Play enough hands to make 1.1 happen

[/ QUOTE ]
Since so many make training related goals, and non-poker goals in generel I'll throw in:
3) A total of atleast a ½ ton (1102.5 pounds) at Copenhagen Cup, powerlifting competion
3.1) +22 pounds to my raw bench before end of month
4) Convince Trix that we can get drunk at his new place, a lot, since he lives closer to the midtown [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

MexKrax 10-29-2005 12:50 AM

1) Play 15K Hands
2) Post more hands on this forum. At least one every two sessions or so.
3) Play 3/6 until I get back to even from my 150BB downswing at 5/10 before moving back up to 5/10.

MAxx 10-29-2005 12:58 AM

1) Stop spending my roll so I can get back to playing 10/20 safely

2) Destroy 5/10 and get back to 10/20

blackize 10-29-2005 01:46 AM

1) No tilt
2) Run well
3) Call more
4) 5/10 by December

thejameser 10-29-2005 01:53 AM

i'm here and lurking baby. all shorthanded (6-handed or less) all month. i've put this phase of my game development off too long(not to mention the opportunity to capitalize on prime fishbait). i've been playing 3-4 handed this entire week and i'm going to keep it up for all of next month.

bobbyi 10-29-2005 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sure that sounds great. i want to start recording heads up games for other people to view. i think it would be even better if the opponent is a wellknown twoplustwo poster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. We should definitely do this. I don't have any experience with the recording thing, but I'll try to figure it out so that we can both record it and then put up both videos together so that people can see the match from both perspectives. This will be fun. We can sort out details by PM. I don't have much experience with HU, but I want to learn (I also want to get good at HU NL, but that's a separate project).

RyGreen18 10-29-2005 02:08 AM

1) 50k hands
2) 10/20 by the end of the month
3) less showdown
4) steal blinds more
5) be more social
6) work out

sweetjazz 10-29-2005 02:38 AM

1) Move back to New Orleans and help rebuild the city.
2) Remember that there is more to life than poker.
3) Focus on making good decisions when running bad.
4) Think more about poker strategy.
5) Give people a reason to smile.

10-29-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. We should definitely do this. I don't have any experience with the recording thing, but I'll try to figure it out so that we can both record it and then put up both videos together so that people can see the match from both perspectives. This will be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both videos playing synchronized would be amazing to watch.

My goals:

1. 50k hands, at LEAST 25% of them HU.
2. start posting hands and replying to them, instead of silently lurking here sponging off everyone else
3. renew my passport so I can...
4. book long overdue trips to san fran and belize
5. swim 3x per week, minimum

10-29-2005 03:36 AM

1) Try some 2 4 game
2) Keep owning at 50 100 and 1 2
3) Play way more hands
4) Figure out what are actually intresting hands to post, seems like no matter what kind of weird play I post it's max 4 replys - that makes me sad.
5) Make some investments