Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Cast, Worst Movie (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325926)

durron597 08-30-2005 02:17 PM

Re: Best Cast, Worst Movie

Yeah in retrospect the casts weren't as good as I remembered them being at the time, when the movies occurred to me.

Movies still bad though.

Senor Cardgage 08-30-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Magnolia

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to hell and you die.

08-30-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Italian Job

[/ QUOTE ]

I really liked this one.

Oceans 12 was far worse. As was Nothing But Trouble (Chevy Chase, Demi Moore, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy).

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sin City

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but it was boring. And the narration . . . ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sin City was god-awful. It seems like there aren't many ppl that think it was "ok"...either they hated it, or loved it....I don't see how anybody could love this POS. God, where do I go to get the 2.5hrs i wasted from watching that back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was OK. Thought the bit with Mickey Rourke was the best, and the opener w/ Michael Madsen and Bruce Willis was the worst. Really liked Mickey Rourke in it.

Alobar 08-30-2005 02:26 PM

which ever batman movie was the one with arnold and george clooney and nicole kidman and a few other big names. I HATE the batman movies (tho the new one kicks ass) and I only went and saw it because it had so mnay kickass people in it. It was soooo bad I seriously just wanted to leave the theatre. awful awful movie.

istewart 08-30-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which ever batman movie was the one with arnold and george clooney and nicole kidman and a few other big names. I HATE the batman movies (tho the new one kicks ass) and I only went and saw it because it had so mnay kickass people in it. It was soooo bad I seriously just wanted to leave the theatre. awful awful movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing Batman and Robin with Batman Forever, but yeah.

BUT, Batman Returns and Batman kick ass.

08-30-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ocean's Twelve was the first one to pop into my mind. All the same cast as the 'original', but none of the fun or interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't forget the inclusion of Catherine Zeta Jones, Bruce Willis and Julia Roberts (playing herself in a 20-minute self-hornblowing scene).

All thate extra "star power" than Oceans 11, and about 28% as entertaining.

EDIT: I forgot Roberts was in the original. How could I? She's sooo beautiful and such a great actress. <sarcasm>.

MrWookie47 08-30-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unbreakable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the exact opposite of Unbreakable. I find the cast just okay, but thought the movie was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there are a lot of people here who seem to like this movie, but I found it absolutely vomit inducing. Slower than traffic out of New Orleans on Sunday, and the "shocker" ending where the villain reveals that his mission in his life is to get defeated by the hero? Yuck. Most retarded villain ever. Also, Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis aren't exactly small time actors.

Anyway, I haven't seen Sin City, so I can't comment on that. I'm tempted to change my vote for Gigli, though. I'm not sure if that movie's increased suckiness in the numerator makes up for JLo's lesser reputation in the denomiator.

Reef 08-30-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sin City

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but it was boring. And the narration . . . ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought Sin City was awful.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

highly disagree

Sightless 08-30-2005 03:04 PM

Heat is the answer for me

NutCrackerr 08-30-2005 03:08 PM

Gone in 60 Seconds
or
Pauly Shore is Dead

08-30-2005 03:08 PM

Envy

Ben Stiller and Jack Black have been really funny in other movies but they somehow combined for possibly the worst movie i've ever seen.

lucas9000 08-30-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we cannot be friends.

Rushmore 08-30-2005 03:11 PM

Can't read all of the other posts, but here is the right answer:

It's a tie between Copland, Sleepers, Bonfire of the Vanities, and Hero.

That is all.

Ooh, ooh. And The South Park Movie.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer. Such a boring movie. Both times we tried to watch it we never got to the second tape. Expected so much, too.

lucas9000 08-30-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really like hero. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Copland (this movie is just misunderstood - people expect some shoot-em-up and that's not the kind of movie it is), and Hero. Never saw Sleepers and Bonfire.

I don't understand the South Park thing, tho. How can you like the cast and not the movie? Isn't the cast the same as from the show? If you like the cast don't you like the show? If you like the show how do you not like the movie? Am I thinking about this waaaaaaaayyyy too much?

Alobar 08-30-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero??? huh? I think it was an awesome movie, but irregardles, its not like it had a stellar cast, it was a small cast of mostly unkown people (by american standards at least)

istewart 08-30-2005 03:18 PM

Sleepers! Ding. Not a horrible movie either IMO but a great choice.

drewjustdrew 08-30-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero??? huh? I think it was an awesome movie, but irregardles, its not like it had a stellar cast, it was a small cast of mostly unkown people (by american standards at least)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's thinking of this one.

-Skeme- 08-30-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boy was I wrong, what a terrible movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

U Turn was awesome.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's thinking of this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense.

Still not that great a cast tho. The only actor there thought of as a truly great actor is Dustin Hoffman, and he sucks.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boy was I wrong, what a terrible movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

U Turn was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

U Turn was one of the biggest piles of crap ever to come out of a studio. That's all I've got to say.

codewarrior 08-30-2005 03:28 PM

It's film noir - it's supposed to have narration and people talking to themselves.

benza13 08-30-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer. Such a boring movie. Both times we tried to watch it we never got to the second tape. Expected so much, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a tape?

But seriously, you need to try again, this movie is fantastic. The second half is definitely better than the first, as well, so maybe try watching that second "tape" you were talking about.

codewarrior 08-30-2005 03:33 PM

When I perfect my Jedi mind powers, I am coming through the internet connection of the next person that improperly uses the word "irregardless" and throttle them.

-Skeme- 08-30-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U Turn was one of the biggest piles of crap ever to come out of a studio. That's all I've got to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was so bad about it? It was highly entertaining. The parts with BBT as the crazy mechanic were awesome. The TNT parts with Pheonix were great, too. Nick Nolte gets stabbed with an axe.. what's not to like?

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a tape?

But seriously, you need to try again, this movie is fantastic. The second half is definitely better than the first, as well, so maybe try watching that second "tape" you were talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it came out a while ago...I rented it on video when it was first out, we thought it was going to be great. Came on two videos, and we just couldn't bring ourselves to throw the second one in. We watched the first, ended up returning the film w/o watching the second, rented it again sometime later, and did the same thing.

Maybe I should give it another try.

Why does everything Michael Mann makes have to be so damn long, though?

lucas9000 08-30-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. get the new dvd if you can...there is some interesting bonus material about how deniro's character was based on a real guy, with stories from the cop who went after him.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was so bad about it? It was highly entertaining. The parts with BBT as the crazy mechanic were awesome. The TNT parts with Pheonix were great, too. Nick Nolte gets stabbed with an axe.. what's not to like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every character's an unlikeable idiot, Stone's camerawork is schizophrenic, and the plot is thinner than Claire Danes in the movie. The thing that really got me was the direction, tho. In a scene where Nolte and Penn are driving in a car and talking, Stone continually focuses on one of Nolte's hands. For no real reason, just because it's a shot no one else uses and he's dying to show people how clever he is. The whole movie plays like some retarted film school dork saying, "Hey, look at me!!!!"

But that's....just one man's opinion.

I'm sorry, that's really all I'm going to say. I've said more about Oliver Stone's flicks on this site in the last few days than he's said in them.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. get the new dvd if you can...there is some interesting bonus material about how deniro's character was based on a real guy, with stories from the cop who went after him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I will try the DVD next time, we have moved on in the world.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I perfect my Jedi mind powers, I am coming through the internet connection of the next person that improperly uses the word "irregardless" and throttle them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to pick a nit, but what would the "proper" use of a non-existant word be?

08-30-2005 04:09 PM

Oceans 12 or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

-Skeme- 08-30-2005 04:41 PM

J&SBSB was hilarious.

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J&SBSB was hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite Kevin Smith movie, and it is SO not close.

edtost 08-30-2005 05:42 PM

The Dream Team

siccjay 08-30-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mars attacks

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie is awesome.

Crveballin 08-30-2005 05:46 PM

Royal Tennanbaums
Be Cool

siccjay 08-30-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ As was Nothing But Trouble (Chevy Chase, Demi Moore, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy).

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie is also awesome.

stabn 08-30-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jet Li, Ziyi Zhang, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Donnie Yen, Maggie Cheung

[/ QUOTE ]

These are huge names in HK Cinema.