Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 6: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (Part 2) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292925)

kyro 07-14-2005 07:07 PM

Re: Perspective from Pokerwire.

Ivey's down about a million without showing down a hand. Not good.

TimTimSalabim 07-14-2005 07:10 PM

The News from Five Feet Away

[ QUOTE ]
Five Feet From the action
Log: CardPlayer.com is set up about five feet from the feature table in Benny's Bullpen. Stay with us for all the action and commentary today as we go from 27 players down to a final nine. Play is scheduled to kick off at 3 p.m.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now all they need is Kevin Nealon to call the action.

Chipr777 07-14-2005 07:11 PM

I'm forced to take the side of Jack here. If there was ever a time to follow TDA rules it's now.

6) Penalties: A penalty MAY be invoked if a player exposes any card with action pending, if a card(s) goes off the table, if softplay occurs, or similar incidents take place. Penalties WILL be invoked in cases of abuse, disruptive behavior, or similar incidents.

A full copy of TDA rules can be found here. http://www.thepokerforum.com/tdarules.htm

Russ McGinley 07-14-2005 07:11 PM

Re: The News from Five Feet Away

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 16:07:00
Title: Sheikhan Doubles Up
Log: All-in pre-flop, Mike Matusow calls Shawn Sheikhan's all-in after raising. Matusow shows 7-2, while Sheikhan has Queens. The flop comes A-A-5-8-A, and Sheikhan doubles up to $400,000 with Aces full. Matusow comments "I gotta play tighter. I read Phil Hellmuth's book and I thought seven deuce was a good hand." Shawn Sheikhan goes on to steal the blinds on the very next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike just gained about a million cool points.

shadow29 07-14-2005 07:12 PM

double post.

mike = pimp

cwsiggy 07-14-2005 07:13 PM

lol -great comment about his book!
Matusow playing Harrington's 10-1 rule looks like.

Paxosmotic 07-14-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone that likes this f-bomb rule?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I'd be able to tolerate it if the tournament were taking place at Robious Middle School. Given that it's not, well...

imported_metrognome7 07-14-2005 07:17 PM

Re: WSOP Day 6: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion (Part 2)

2005-07-14 15:58:00
Title: Table Play Varies Across the Room
Log: Three distinct styles of play are occuring at the three tables remaining. At the featured table there have already been a few all-ins, at table 117 there has already been some drama between a couple of players, and at table 129 play has slowed to almost a stop.

I'm guessing this is H-DOG the Sundial's table? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] If not, she's apparently infected the room...

shadow29 07-14-2005 07:18 PM

Actually H-DOG is at 117.

imported_metrognome7 07-14-2005 07:19 PM

Cool, I stand corrected.

kyro 07-14-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm forced to take the side of Jack here. If there was ever a time to follow TDA rules it's now.

6) Penalties: A penalty MAY be invoked if a player exposes any card with action pending, if a card(s) goes off the table, if softplay occurs, or similar incidents take place. Penalties WILL be invoked in cases of abuse, disruptive behavior, or similar incidents.

A full copy of TDA rules can be found here. http://www.thepokerforum.com/tdarules.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the impression Sheikhan got penalized for repeating to the official what Matusow said, not for talking about his hand.

ohkanada 07-14-2005 07:22 PM

Actually it looks like the starting tables were wrong. Kanter is on the main table.

Ken

Russ McGinley 07-14-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not like she won't be abusing the time rule today or anything.

shadow29 07-14-2005 07:22 PM

Hand 12 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 5, Connor raises, and Raymer calls. The flop comes Kd-Jd-3s, Connor bets about $180,000, and Raymer calls. The turn card is the 6c, and Connor moves all in. He counts down his chips as Raymer considers the call, staring him down from behind his trademark reptilian holographic sunglasses. He takes off his sunglasses as he thinks a while longer, and it's several minutes before he folds. Connor takes the pot.

PITTM 07-14-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the impression Sheikhan got penalized for repeating to the official what Matusow said, not for talking about his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he actually got penalized for quoting matasow the floorman should be fired for complete and utter idiocy. does he know how humans communicate with one another? quoting someone after someone asks what happened is the most logical thing to do. the floorman on the other hand? most outrageously stupid ruling i have ever heard, and its not close.

rj

imported_metrognome7 07-14-2005 07:25 PM

I'm befuddled as to how there's no official rule in place to prevent this, other someone "calling the clock." Have officials even mentioned anything to her about it? Is there any possibility it might be a wacked-out strategy to put people on tilt?

Russ McGinley 07-14-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he actually got penalized for quoting matasow the floorman should be fired for complete and utter idiocy. does he know how humans communicate with one another? quoting someone after someone asks what happened is the most logical thing to do. the floorman on the other hand? most outrageously stupid ruling i have ever heard, and its not close.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Cartman: Don't call me fat, you fu<font color="black"></font>cking Jew!
Mr. Garrison: Eric, did you just say the F-word?
Cartman: Jew?
Kyle: No, he's talking about "fu<font color="black"></font>ck". You can't say "fu<font color="black"></font>ck" in school, you fu<font color="black"></font>cking fat ass!
Mr. Garrison: Kyle!
Cartman: Why the fu<font color="black"></font>ck not?
Mr. Garrison: Eric!
Stan: Dude, you just said "fu<font color="black"></font>ck" again!
Mr. Garrison: Stanley!
Kenny: Fu<font color="black"></font>ck!
Mr. Garrison: Kenny!
Cartman: What's the big deal? It doesn't hurt anybody. Fu<font color="black"></font>ck-fu<font color="black"></font>ckety-fu<font color="black"></font>ck-fu<font color="black"></font>ck-fu<font color="black"></font>ck.
Mr. Garrison: How would you like to go see the school counselor?
Cartman: How would you like to suck my balls?
Mr. Garrison: What did you say?
Cartman: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Actually, what I said was...
[picks up a megaphone]
Cartman: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS, MR. GARRISON?
Stan: Holy sh<font color="black"></font>it, dude.

shant 07-14-2005 07:26 PM

Hand 13 - Phil Ivey has the button in seat 6, and everyone folds to Black in the big blind, giving him the blinds and antes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freudian 07-14-2005 07:26 PM

Seems like the others are really playing back at Raymer, Ivey and Matusow. Could be that they are hitting the flops pretty hard of course.

spamuell 07-14-2005 07:27 PM

One of the best south park scenes, ever.

Russ McGinley 07-14-2005 07:28 PM

Santori out

Date / Time: 2005-07-14 16:19:00
Title: Tom Santori Eliminated in 26th Place ($304,680)
Log: Mike Matusow raises. Sheikhan raises all-in $930,000. Santori reraises all-in, but he doesn't have Sheikhan covered. Everone else folds. Sheikhan shows A-K vs. Santori's 7-7. The flop comes K-Q-J. The turn is a 9. The river is a 6. Santori loses the race and hits the rail $300,000 richer.

Chipr777 07-14-2005 07:32 PM

I'll ask Jack about it later tonight. I'll call him after play is complete for the day. I've known Jack for quite some time and he's a very good floor/director. I have a feeling it was all about how it was presented. There's a way to present something like that without being "disruptive". Knowing and working with Jack as much as I have I'm willing to bet Sheikhan was disruptive when he repeated what happened. An example would be shouting it loudly in a manner that everyone in the room could here.

Brain 07-14-2005 07:32 PM

Dynasty, could we sticky this one too?

shant 07-14-2005 07:33 PM

Re: Santori out

Matusow and Sheikhan continue lobbing insults and taunts at one another, much to the delight of the crowd. One of them appears to be taking it much more seriously than the other. We won't say which one, but it's not Matusow.

-Skeme- 07-14-2005 07:35 PM

Matusow telling dude to shut the [censored] up is great.

crosse91 07-14-2005 07:37 PM

i really wanna see a transcript of the [censored] they're saying

shant 07-14-2005 07:38 PM

Greg Raymer has the button in seat 1, Black raises, Raymer raises, and Black calls. The flop comes Ks-5s-3c, Black checks, Raymer bets, Black raises about $800,000 more, and Raymer asks him how many chips he has left. (Black's chips are in very tall stacks, and difficult to eyeball.) Raymer's glasses are off as he studies the situation from the other side of the table. Raymer looks like he's trying to get a read more than anything else. Raymer eventually folds, and Black takes the pot.

RowdyZ 07-14-2005 07:38 PM

Thats The Mouths 5th penalty, following the TDA guidelines shouldn't he have been DQed?

RZ

ClaytonN 07-14-2005 07:40 PM

Sheikram got ANOTHER 10 minute penalty, so says pokervoice. Apparantly from Matusow needling.

AWESOMENESS.

m1illion 07-14-2005 07:40 PM

anyone else notice that "five feet from the action" can't see the cards if tit isn't shown on the monitor?

shant 07-14-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats The Mouths 5th penalty, following the TDA guidelines shouldn't he have been DQed?

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]
If I was a judge and someone killed the floorman who DQed him from a 7.5 million dollar WSOP final stages of a tournament because of a F-word penalty, I'd give him community service.

jackdaniels 07-14-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna hear the answer to this one!

Russ McGinley 07-14-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sheikram got ANOTHER 10 minute penalty, so says pokervoice. Apparantly from Matusow needling.

AWESOMENESS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another 500k in cool points for Mike. Man I hope ESPN shows all this.

zipo 07-14-2005 07:41 PM

Early on Ivey is getting slapped around like a $2 ho.

Time to pimp up.

Kevmath 07-14-2005 07:42 PM

Pokervoice may be a bit behind on the coverage, so I wouldn't take that with a grain of salt.

Ayhan doubles thru Black, 66 v A-10

Kevin...

Chipr777 07-14-2005 07:43 PM

5th? That I didn't know. If they were all for the same thing I agree. If they were for different infractions than no. I want to see him get knocked out and cry like a little girl in his shirt again. That was the highlight of the 2004 WSOP.

UATrewqaz 07-14-2005 07:44 PM

Is H-DOG busted yet or is she still thinking about posting her BB?

Kevmath 07-14-2005 07:45 PM

Matusow got what seems like 4 10-minute penalties on Day 1. I don't know if it carries over during the tournament?

MrTrik 07-14-2005 07:46 PM

And Pokerwire seems to be a couple of exhausted rats running in a garages since they can't handle the traffic. What a jopke.

Kevmath 07-14-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is H-DOG busted yet or is she still thinking about posting her BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Break that jopke out the first time it's reported she does that today.

Kevin...